North Stand Expansion

Exactly , it's not rocket science, we have a huge working class fanbase, give them easy to obtain, reasonably priced tickets and we will fill a expanded stadium and create the atmosphere like yesterday far more often.

Corporate is needed for cash revenue but the downside is your selling your soul and killing the atmosphere.

Sort it out Soriano, this is a fans club.
Luxury pricing endangers that culture that football was built on - that following your local team is something anyone can do at the weekend, and you can pop in or out of the habit at any time, but more likely once you're in, you're in. How many people who would once have been able to wander down on a matchday are now only going to lower league, non-league, or just staying in with Sky?. The message needs to come out from the club that even if you've never been to a match, this club is for you, and we want you with us. I think some at the club, including Pep, believe in that vibe and we are seeing some progress, but there are also backward steps. For example I'll be interested to see if matchday tickets go up along with STs next season. If we're edging up to asking for £50 or £60 to see Watford on a Wednesday night that is not sustainable and it will dampen atmosphere. Nothing wrong with tourism but how much of City's natural support is concentrated along the A6, A56, up the A62 and A635, and along the A57, A5103 and Wilmslow Road? Quite a lot of it I'd bet, and not millionaires either. It's all about balance.

Luxury pricing endangers that culture that football was built on - that following your local team is something anyone can do at the weekend, and you can pop in or out of the habit at any time, but more likely once you're in, you're in. How many people who would once have been able to wander down on a matchday are now only going to lower league, non-league, or just staying in with Sky?. The message needs to come out from the club that even if you've never been to a match, this club is for you, and we want you with us. I think some at the club, including Pep, believe in that vibe and we are seeing some progress, but there are also backward steps. For example I'll be interested to see if matchday tickets go up along with STs next season. If we're edging up to asking for £50 or £60 to see Watford on a Wednesday night that is not sustainable and it will dampen atmosphere. Nothing wrong with tourism but how much of City's natural support is concentrated along the A6, A56, up the A62 and A635, and along the A57, A5103 and Wilmslow Road? Quite a lot of it I'd bet, and not millionaires either. It's all about balance.
100% agree, great post.

Let's be the people's club, another wonderful way to shove the bad PR down the throats of the red shirt clubs.

Villa turning us around (so we attacked the South Stand in the second half) worked out brilliantly. We sucked those three goals into the back of the net. Atmosphere all over the ground was incredible, but it showed how much a raucous end can help the lads late on.
I was putting our performance down to attacking North Stand first for 70 minutes ! How many times have we had to do that ?, very rare.

If it’s just another third tier it would be such a wasted opportunity.

we need a proper home end. Hopefully the fans can influence the decision makers

my fear is that they will make east stand level one basically the tunnel club.2 and the expanded north stand will be all the season ticket holders forced out of their seats

Last edited:
I was putting our performance down to attacking North Stand first for 70 minutes ! How many times have we had to do that ?, very rare.
I said exactly this before kick off as it's I think that's the only game in about 3/4 years we've kicked towards the SS in the second half and questioned it with my mates at the game for years. Is the aguero goal the reason why? It's 100% a pre agreement with away clubs but we need to be kicking towards our singing section for the 2nd half whenever possible...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.