North Stand Expansion

That's true for all stands. Behind the goal side of the South stand lost 200 seats out of 1100 ish the majority were from the east stand side of the ground.

The advertising boards were put in for one reason and one reason only money. Nothing to do with seats bought or used.
Of course it’s been the same for all areas of the ground. I respect your opinion but I think it would have been very difficult to have removed those seats if the affected blocks were packed to the rafters every week.

Maybe not for this thread, but I did find Soriano's comments on profit interesting.

Amongst other reasons, this expalains the constant season ticket and matchday ticket price increases, and the numerous executive and hospitality areas that have been created all over the ground.

Where this leaves more affordable season tickets and matchdays tickets via a future North Stand expansion is anyone's guess, apart from Soriano & Co.

Soriano.

"I have three shareholders: one from the United Arab Emirates, one from the United States and one from China," he said.

"They are three investment funds that are looking for profitability and that we try to win and grow the business and make money.

"We are not a state club. We are a club owned by three shareholders."

Of course it’s been the same for all areas of the ground. I respect your opinion but I think it would have been very difficult to have removed those seats if the affected blocks were packed to the rafters every week.
Why would it be difficult?

They are the cheapest seats on the lower tier by far, and fans would have to buy more expensive ones.

The club isn't a democracy, and moving fans from seats to maximise income is a common theme.

Why would it be difficult?

They are the cheapest seats on the lower tier by far, and fans would have to buy more expensive ones.

The club isn't a democracy, and moving fans from seats to maximise income is a common theme.
It would have been newsworthy and fans would have had bigger grounds for objections. City would be on weak ground for lack of consultation etc.

Maybe not for this thread, but I did find Soriano's comments on profit interesting.

Amongst other reasons, this expalains the constant season ticket and matchday ticket price increases, and the numerous executive and hospitality areas that have been created all over the ground.

Where this leaves more affordable season tickets and matchdays tickets via a future North Stand expansion is anyone's guess, apart from Soriano & Co.

Soriano.

"I have three shareholders: one from the United Arab Emirates, one from the United States and one from China," he said.

"They are three investment funds that are looking for profitability and that we try to win and grow the business and make money.

It’s also a key defence against the sports washing shite.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not?

What exactly was the magazine that came with the shirt? Did anyone else get it?

And considering it was just a basic sketch, it did include a new roof and cable design, and a new specific Etihad capacity.

If the magazine was an official City magazine, it's interesting that the club would include that in it, rather than stopping at the current stadium sketch.

But yes, the long NS expansion conversation and waiting game goes on.(and on)
It looks like a Colin Bell tribute keepsake.

I can't actually see this new cable design you mention to be honest, the capacity has been arrived at by just adding the 8,000 that the South stand added? It wouldn't surprise me if it was just a copy of the 3 tier South stand. I have no doubt it will be built once the Arena is finished BTW.

That is never going to happen, but if we could replicate some of that with a proper North Stand home end, it would be great.

8-AFE34-A1-69-B8-4160-A2-B5-B2-C6782-F6934.jpg

Soriano.

Not sure why your surprised to be honest.

Even the Sheik is not in this for the fun of it. It's a business investment and he wants returns. Silverlake/ The Chinese want that even more, we have to make profits if they are to stay with us.

The issue is as a club are we prioritising corporate before everyday fans? My answer uner Soriano is a big yes and that's a problem in my opinion.

Not sure why your surprised to be honest.

Even the Sheik is not in this for the fun of it. It's a business investment and he wants returns. Silverlake/ The Chinese want that even more, we have to make profits if they are to stay with us.

The issue is as a club are we prioritising corporate before everyday fans? My answer uner Soriano is a big yes and that's a problem in my opinion.
Here's me, all this time thinking we were just the Sheiks plaything.

I have never really understood why there is seen to be a difference between a “real” fan a JCL., a plastic and a tourist.certainly the Club doesn’t otherwise the average age at away matches would be guys in their 60’s. Imagine how crap the atmosphere would be then. At the end of the day we are all just economic units. Loyalty to a great extent is all one way and I don’t really have a problem with that and as far as the Club sees it, if your not happy there is a big queue behind to take your place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.