North Stand Expansion

Do you know that for a fact? I'm genuinely asking, rather than arguing. After all then diagram does say Hospitality/GA.

I get it, the fact there is a direct link to a bar behind it would indeed suggest what you are saying and is likely true. But does anyone know the intention for sure, has it been discussed with the club since? And what's to say that can't change or apply differently in different scenarios.
That's the issue for me, as far as I can see nobody knows the precise details.

Talk of objecting the the whole expansion is just plain sad, these seats will have to be filled for a majority of the fixtures played and the club will do as they see fit and rightly so.

Do you know that for a fact? I'm genuinely asking, rather than arguing. After all then diagram does say Hospitality/GA.

I get it, the fact there is a direct link to a bar behind it would indeed suggest what you are saying and is likely true. But does anyone know the intention for sure, has it been discussed with the club since? And what's to say that can't change or apply differently in different scenarios.

Nobody knows anything for sure. We’re all going off what is in the PA. The club haven’t communicated anything specifically to the fans bar the released statements on the OS and in the press.

I posted a side diagram of the stand with the hospitality area under the stand with steps leading to the first 11 rows. I’ll repost it if I have saved it on my iPad?

PS. Found it.

To try and mix and merge the 2 doesn’t make sense and it will cause problems in what is supposed to be a vocal home end. (regardless of when people leave and come back to their seats)
So basically the 600 seats will be akin to Joes Bar or 93.20 ie access to a bar, padded seat ? So hardly prawn sandwich brigade, I'm in the south stand lower, 119, loads in there don't sing, loads won't sing in the new North stand, if you can get a hard-core of singers in there the rest will look after itself but it's never going to be like the old Kippax....

Again the days of hostile atmosphere's have gone in the majority, there will be occasions when it does happen like the Bayern game, Arsenal this coming week but in the main those days have gone not just with us but at all stadiums, society has changed.

The derby atmosphere is a dam squib compared the the agro and hostility of the70s and 80s and sadly it's not going to return.

Even songs that are deemed remotley offensive are now derided.
I think just having close to 61k in the ground should improve the atmosphere to an extent.

You are right that few games have a bouncing atmosphere but I thought Leicester was good, as well as the Bayern match. There’s hope for further improvements.

I think we need to sing more if the old classics like, “We love you City” and “Super City from Maine Road”.

Hopefully the deign of the North Stand will help the atmosphere but it’s up to us to do the singing.

I think just having close to 61k in the ground should improve the atmosphere to an extent.

You are right that few games have a bouncing atmosphere but I thought Leicester was good, as well as the Bayern match. There’s hope for further improvements.

I think we need to sing more if the old classics like, “We love you City” and “Super City from Maine Road”.

Hopefully the deign of the North Stand will help the atmosphere but it’s up to us to do the singing.
Any addition to capacity is going to improve atmosphere but it what goes on the pitch that will define it.

Yesterday was a classic example, once a FA Cup SF was a huge game, yesterday and this is no criticism , it was almost a dam squib in terms of atmosphere and understandably so from both sides.

My point with that is we know @bluesmith posted about these plans months ago and said they were locked away, before the consultation and before 1894 group met with the club and were told there would be no hospitality there.
There is a chance that it’s on the original plans but the club have already decided that the Hospitality / GA will now be GA. We wouldn’t know and there would be no need for them to have changed the planning documents because there would be no need to.

Nobody knows anything for sure. We’re all going off what is in the PA. The club haven’t communicated anything specifically to the fans bar the released statements on the OS and in the press.

I posted a side diagram of the stand with the hospitality area under the stand with steps leading to the first 11 rows. I’ll repost it if I have saved it on my iPad?

PS. Found it.

No I get that. I get why that is exactly how it looks. maybe the /GA is there as a token exactly for that reason, someone like me can get distracted by it. Or maybe, they have different intention, or even don't fully know their intentions yet. But they saw an opportunity to include a bar in a space at this stage of the process and have done so.

So basically the 600 seats will be akin to Joes Bar or 93.20 ie access to a bar, padded seat ? So hardly prawn sandwich brigade, I'm in the south stand lower, 119, loads in there don't sing, loads won't sing in the new North stand, if you can get a hard-core of singers in there the rest will look after itself but it's never going to be like the old Kippax....

If L2 is all seated, where are the singers going to go? Where is a requested singing block/section going to go? Not at the front, Hospitality. Not at the back, Hospitality. Not in the middle as standing won’t be permitted in a seated tier. At the sides maybe, where safe standing sections won’t interrupt the view of fans sitting? I‘m just thinking outloud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.