North Stand Expansion

Great post, that perfectly explains the issue with putting hospitality seating at the front of a home end.
If its just a bar in the new North Stand I think it will be fine, look at the new bar in the south stand, huge success, City can't overlook a large bar area in the new North stand selling thousand of pints every game.

When this 2 tier North stand is finished what will it hold? Does it currently hold 6000?

Again, not clear.

Future option, SL1 only or both levels? Diagram shows safe standing (can be installed in the future) fans. A positive. But would indicate both levels will be seated initially.

img]

Maybe because the plans were all ready to put forward and now too many folk are getting their knickers in a twist over something that isn't happening?

I think people seriously fail to consider this point.

It is so easy to question this on a football forum, and say oh if the club consulted the fans, why did they not change it before submitting. Like it is just this simple little thing to tweak.

Here is some perspective.

This application involves 92 documents, ranging from one page to 282 pages. The application fee alone tonthe council is £123,000. It involves over 20 professional consultancy teams of various disciplines. Easily over 10m in professional fees to this point for a project of this scale, based on the claimed value alone. The planners haven't even put in a target date, it is that complex, I wouldn't be surprised if it is not determined as far as 6 months from now. According to the pac report, bi-weekly meetings were held with the planners between oct 22 and apr 23, just as part of the pre application dialogue with planning alone, not to mention engagement with various stakeholders and groups. And in case people don't realise this, the real bloody work starts After planning approval is secured.

The scale of a project like this is beyond comprehension, as is the timeframe to keep it moving, not to mention the money involved.

To think the club as the applicant would delay or slow all this down, with so many people involved, a vastness of detail and consideration in such an expansive submission, with so much money committed, JUST to remove some pissy little hospitality bar and a lable of some 600 seats?

Even if they fully valued and 100% took on board the feedback from the fan consultations and actually changed their mind on it, it would make absolutely zero sense to risk a 300m development fannying about changing this hospitality offering in the grand scheme of things.

It may be that they ignored the questionnaires and don't care about the atmosphere for a bit of additional profit. It is also not at all an unreasonable assumption that this was part of the development processnthat just was not worth changing. Or that they possibly don't even know the full intentions yet, but keeping it and getting approval on that basis makes sense in the long run.

Last edited:
Again, not clear.

Future option, SL1 only or both levels? Diagram shows safe standing (can be installed in the future) fans. A positive. But would indicate both levels will be seated initially.

img]
I know you're stress levels are high jrb but the scoreboard show's that we are playing united and it looks like united fan's with their yellow and green scarf's on so they must be moving the away fan's in the bottom tier.

You could be right. It could just be a bar, like any other GA bar in the ground. But the wording on the PA states ‘hospitality’.(with GA added)

Maybe they are premium seats on open sale for each game with access to a bar… who knows.

I would strongly suggest that those that were involved in the dialogues with the club go and read the pac report. Or at least skim through, as it is 112 pages, but it lists the engagement, attendees, average findings and concerns raised etc. If you still feel the questionnaires have been ignored, then fair enough.

I know you're stress levels are high jrb but the scoreboard show's that we are playing united and it looks like united fan's with their yellow and green scarf's on so they must be moving the away fan's in the bottom tier.

Lol!

Honestly mate, I’m not.

The proposal is great. I can’t fault the club or Sheikh Mansour at all. I’m really grateful at the continued investment Sheikh Mansour is putting into the club, stadium and Coop Live Arena. My only issue and gripe is the hospitality section located at the front of L2.

I would strongly suggest that those that were involved in the dialogues with the club go and read the pac report. Or at least skim through, as it is 112 pages, but it lists the engagement, attendees, average findings and concerns raised etc. If you still feel the questionnaires have been ignored, then fair enough.

Can you post a link. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.