North Stand Expansion

Didn't take it as flippant mate. As I said, I work in planning for a developer so I'm used to people not agreeing with me - usually locals and the Council! This project will be fully costed down to material prices. The details of the type of materials - brick, curtain glazing, cladding etc are all there on the elevations. What we don't know is the specific manufacturer/supplier information and that's what the condition is for. But I don't think we need to argue that any further, as Lex stated they might decide to change plenty due to costs/supply issues and submit an amendment.

Ultimately I think it looks okay, and we both agree it's probably going to be better in the flesh. I also feel that internally is where it matters most and the images in the DAS make that look superb. If you walk up from the tram you'll have huge screens showing you great moments and City Square pulling you in. The fact it's a hotel will be largely lost on matchdays.

It's exciting. I was actually at the Spuds ground on Friday for a gig and seeing their single tier whets the appetite for when we get ours. It's going to be incredible.

We might be pulling at two ends of the same rope here. There are still parts there that aren't quite true and bits I expect to happen differently, but there's a long way to go so let's see how it all goes.

We might be pulling at two ends of the same rope here. There are still parts there that aren't quite true and bits I expect to happen differently, but there's a long way to go so let's see how it all goes.

I think that's the case mate! I'm looking forward to it, ultimately it's hugely exciting and we're getting a lot of what we wanted so I remain happy with the proposals. I think it's going to be brilliant once it's built. Having been to the Spuds ground the other day, as I said it was exciting to imagine having our own home end with a large 2nd tier. It will feel huge on the big nights and make a racket. I do worry about the transport. It took me 2hrs to make what was a 20min train journey back after the gig from their place. Absolute carnage. The infrastructure there can't cope with that number of people, and staying for a pint after the game/gig doesn't cut it!

The benefit we have is that it is in walking distance of the city centre, but I appreciate that doesn't help a lot of people who have further to go from there. One of the issues in having a home stadium that's not in a typically blue part of Manchester!

Demolition of the souvenir store has started this morning. :-) On-going. Click on the link below for the live webcam and zoom in
to the megastore on your device.

The excavator has just ripped a hole in the side wall of the souvenir store.

I'll nip down tomorrow after work to get some pictures. Hopefully some of the megastore will be intact by the time I get there? If not, oh well.

EBBC23CA-9521-426C-A055-5309633A0297.jpeg

Last edited:
I think that's the case mate! I'm looking forward to it, ultimately it's hugely exciting and we're getting a lot of what we wanted so I remain happy with the proposals. I think it's going to be brilliant once it's built. Having been to the Spuds ground the other day, as I said it was exciting to imagine having our own home end with a large 2nd tier. It will feel huge on the big nights and make a racket. I do worry about the transport. It took me 2hrs to make what was a 20min train journey back after the gig from their place. Absolute carnage. The infrastructure there can't cope with that number of people, and staying for a pint after the game/gig doesn't cut it!

The benefit we have is that it is in walking distance of the city centre, but I appreciate that doesn't help a lot of people who have further to go from there. One of the issues in having a home stadium that's not in a typically blue part of Manchester!
Maybe City should buy a bus fleet, and run it from the ground to certain points in the city where are parks and rides just like they did last season but link it up to the COOP live as well, you could have sponsorship all over the bus and have a multi storey for them just like have at Wembley @supercity88

1690193744962.png
1690193827105.png

Look at the Wembley set up Manchester City is on a smaller scale

1690194726314.png

Last edited:
Maybe City should buy a bus fleet, and run it from the ground to certain points in the city where are parks and rides just like they did last season but link it up to the COOP live as well, you could have sponsorship all over the bus and have a multi storey for them just like have at Wembley

View attachment 87531
View attachment 87532

View attachment 87536
I think City trialled some coaches (two areas - I seem to think it was Stockport and Didsbury) at the end of last season so while they won't be buying a fleet of buses just yet (I don't think) there will probably be some extension to areas covered. It's a pity that everything public transport wise has to go through the city centre - it just takes too long to get through and you're still stuck with a changeover or a walk - but I'm up for using direct coaches from the main towns in GM. Hopefully one that goes past my front door.

Demolition of the souvenir store has started this morning. :-) On-going. Click on the link below for the live webcam and zoom in to the megastore on your device.

The excavator has just ripped a hole in the side wall of the souvenir store.

I'll nip down tomorrow after work to get some pictures. Hopefully some of the megastore will be intact by the time I get there? If not, oh well.

View attachment 87530

I can't believe I'm watching two machines nibbling away at the old shop on a webcam.

(I hate slow work-days)

I think City trialled some coaches (two areas - I seem to think it was Stockport and Didsbury) at the end of last season so while they won't be buying a fleet of buses just yet (I don't think) there will probably be some extension to areas covered. It's a pity that everything public transport wise has to go through the city centre - it just takes too long to get through and you're still stuck with a changeover or a walk - but I'm up for using direct coaches from the main towns in GM. Hopefully one that goes past my front door.
Leasing would be the way....let the operator take the depreciation and down time hit.

50 (say) bus's/coaches from Central locations around Manchester (Hyde,Denton,Reddish Bridge, Etihad) along priority bus lanes would be worth trying.

In the 50s & 60s coach operators ran coaches from newsagents all over Manchester to Maine Road

Maybe City should buy a bus fleet, and run it from the ground to certain points in the city where are parks and rides just like they did last season but link it up to the COOP live as well, you could have sponsorship all over the bus and have a multi storey for them just like have at Wembley @supercity88

View attachment 87531
View attachment 87532

View attachment 87536
I aint getting on no bus in a car park ever again ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.