North Stand Expansion

No reason why there can’t be safe standing in NS L2, the corporate area is at the back of the stand and raised, ambulant & semi corporate are at the front. The club are building a stand for all and in my mind have reached an amicable solution, let’s face it, it could’ve been a whole lot worse! I can’t believe for one minute that fans in the ambulant & semi corporate areas aren’t going to join in like the rest, they’ll know what that stand is all about before getting a seat there
The real problems are
1. Getting sound to travel up from level 1. This is slightly offset by the design of the stand & roof projecting sound towards the pitch, god knows how you solve it the other way round
2. Future Extensions to corporate & semi corporate areas in the stand. Rather than fight the club on ideas/plans that are already in place, it’s far better to focus on getting agreements to not extend these areas
3. Price, we need this to be the most affordable stand (similar to SS3) in the stadium

Looks to me like it will be safe standing in level 1 and seating in level 2 same as south stand
Wouldn't read to much into where fans seen to be standing in the CGI. In the planning documents they specifically mention the possibility of safe standing in the second tier as well, so it seems they haven't decided yet.

Wouldn't read to much into where fans seen to be standing in the CGI. In the planning documents they specifically mention the possibility of safe standing in the second tier as well, so it seems they haven't decided yet.
The Safe Standing areas are no different to what they were before bar the metal bar, so it won't make much difference unless MCC wants to start enforcing, and they seemed to give up the ghost on that about 17 years ago.

Thanks. I am aware of the whole redevelopment of City Square; the demolition of the City Store, the closing of Summerbee's bar etc. I did actually mean the North stand itself.

As in the part within the grounds itself, i.e the seating?

Because the stand itself has started as well, turnstiles, parts of the external structure etc.

I'm not trying to be wide or pedantic btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.