North Stand Expansion

Not true, as the game approaches I get alerts for seats available to match day members from returned tickets
Unfortunately it's very true. Arsenal at home last season, the guy who sits next to me couldn't make the game and put his ticket on the exchange.

The lovely chinese gentleman who was picked the ticket up had bought it as part of a hospitality package from the club. It had cost him over £400.

This is why our atmosphere has become so diluted recently, instead of selling returns to local fans they're sold to tourists as part of a package for a ridiculous price. It's completely disgusting and needs highlighting

Do you work at the MEN in the Red Pen department? ;)

There’ll always be people who can’t come at the last minute or just decide to watch it on telly (it’s still money saved on transport and drinks/food even if the ticket cost is lost). Especially if there’s kids involved, which invariably means the north stand is particularly noticeable for empty seats. They’ve been sold and that’s all that matters to the club.

And not everyone has mates or family to pass them onto at short notice.
Cool story.
Or the fact is we haven't got the hard-core fan base a lot a fans think we have.
If we did every game would be full.
I don't know why people like you go on the defensive about what is simply a fact.
We can only fill our ground for certain games. Despite being sold out as the website says there are still groups of seats , rows of seats and single seats empty almost every game.
There are 3 seats in 315 empty every game apart from big games.

Cool story.
Or the fact is we haven't got the hard-core fan base a lot a fans think we have.
I don't know why people like you go on the defensive about what is simply a fact.
We can only fill our ground for certain games. Despite being sold out as the website says there are still groups of seats , rows of seats and single seats empty almost every game.
Empty not unsold and if those 3 seats and others were put on sale then maybe people like me would buy them.

Do you work at the MEN in the Red Pen department? ;)

There’ll always be people who can’t come at the last minute or just decide to watch it on telly (it’s still money saved on transport and drinks/food even if the ticket cost is lost). Especially if there’s kids involved, which invariably means the north stand is particularly noticeable for empty seats. They’ve been sold and that’s all that matters to the club.

And not everyone has mates or family to pass them onto at short notice.
Try to buy a ticket for your wife. Not a cat in hells chance unless she has a membership. But she only wants to go infrequently, hard luck.

Not true, as the game approaches I get alerts for seats available to match day members from returned tickets
You might be getting alerts - I can promise you that decent seats returned by seasoncard holders are getting sold by agencies for £250+ and never appearing on the ticket site.

Cool story.
People like me? Have we met?

I’m just stating that sometimes it’s a really last minute decision that is often after the cutoff time (which I think is 2hrs before ko but not 100% sure as I’ve not used it and cba checking). And not everyone is tech savvy, knows about Bluemoon or cares their seat is empty. The seat next to mine is empty most games. Pisses me right off because I want another season ticket for my son, but the club says it’s sold but anytime someone IS sat there, they say it’s not them that own it. I just buy a seat nearby if I can and my son usually gets to sit in the one I want anyway.

I have a theory the seat owner goes to stand with friends somewhere else when they attend leaving it free and I’m sure this goes on in other places in the stadium too.

Anyway, what’s a hardcore fan?

You might be getting alerts - I can promise you that decent seats returned by seasoncard holders are getting sold by agencies for £250+ and never appearing on the ticket site.
Can you? Maybe some do they don’t all, I know that for a fact, because I’ve bought them and chatted to their neighbours about where the regular in that seat has gone. What I don’t know is how many go where . Pretty sure you don’t either.

Last edited:
Try to buy a ticket for your wife. Not a cat in hells chance unless she has a membership. But she only wants to go infrequently, hard luck.
I think the way they sell tickets up front is shite. People have to commit months in advance to guarantee a seat anywhere near where friends or family might be sitting. That must encourage a few to just take a hit when the weather turns cold and just not bother turning up.

People like me? Have we met?

I’m just stating that sometimes it’s a really last minute decision that is often after the cutoff time (which I think is 2hrs before ko but not 100% sure as I’ve not used it and cba checking). And not everyone is tech savvy, knows about Bluemoon or cares their seat is empty. The seat next to mine is empty most games. Pisses me right off because I want another season ticket for my son, but the club says it’s sold but anytime someone IS sat there, they say it’s not them that own it. I just buy a seat nearby if I can and my son usually gets to sit in the one I want anyway.

I have a theory the seat owner goes to stand with friends somewhere else when they attend leaving it free and I’m sure this goes on in other places in the stadium too.

Anyway, what’s a hardcore fan?
I went one game and 2 fans came and sat in the seats in front of me before the game about 10 minutes in they disappeared and the seats were empty for the rest of the game. I assumed they went and stood around the corner in the South stand, or they were the earliest early leavers ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.