North Stand Expansion

A couple of pictures passing on Sunday. Nothing really exciting.

This is the groundwork and piling phase with not much visibly happening before construction starts in ernest next year.

PXL-20231203-154803962-MP.jpg

PXL-20231203-154747571-MP.jpg

I’m just going off the above picture. Probably not Australia, but it wouldnt be a surprise. the club give large amounts of tickets to school kids from Ireland and other places - usually at the top of east stand level 3 or the bottom corner of the family stand.
My kid's school in Scotland occasionally got a bundle of tickets for Etihad games back in 2010/11, some kids had City as their English team but they were all Rangers or Motherwell fans. It's like a day out at Alton Towers for most of them.

My kid's school in Scotland occasionally got a bundle of tickets for Etihad games back in 2010/11, some kids had City as their English team but they were all Rangers or Motherwell fans. It's like a day out at Alton Towers for most of them.

Did it include free coach travel paid for by the club, or just free match tickets?

1. No other top English club would allow it to the levels City have.

2. Agree about maximising revenue - but at what cost. The lack of atmosphere cost us in the LFC and Spurs games.
1. You’re joking aren’t you? We are nowhere near the tourist club United were and likely still are. That’s what they were slated for by us when we were mainly made up of local support. But it brought them the money.

2. At what cost? Do you think it was always going to be the sheikh pumping money in for the sake it? Or to build the fan base of the club and, in turn, the size of it? Probably the wrong way round that but you get my point.

You don’t stay a reasonably big club with the investment, worldwide popularity we have had the last 15 years. You become a giant of a club as a result. With that comes fans from far and wide wanting a piece of the action at the Etihad. Umpteen trophies, domestic and European dominance and, most importantly, fucking those rag cunts off their perch is most definitely worth the cost.

Last edited:
Going from observation of a much smaller school rebuilding project near my home, the demolition of existing buildings and infrastructure and preparation of foundations is the part of the process that takes the longest. Once the foundations are in place, the above-ground usually happens with surprising speed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.