North Stand Expansion

Do you work at the MEN in the Red Pen department? ;)

There’ll always be people who can’t come at the last minute or just decide to watch it on telly (it’s still money saved on transport and drinks/food even if the ticket cost is lost). Especially if there’s kids involved, which invariably means the north stand is particularly noticeable for empty seats. They’ve been sold and that’s all that matters to the club.

And not everyone has mates or family to pass them onto at short notice.
There seems to be large groups all arrive at the same time in the family stand, I suspect City are passing tickets on to schools, junior football teams etc., which if I’m correct is to be applauded. On the other hand I suspect some of these groups don’t attend hence the empty seats in that stand. The family section needs moving to level 3 in my opinion.

I haven’t got an issue with school children getting tickets - that’s always happened. Why on earth are school kids from Australia getting large amounts of tickets like that though. *if it’s true. There are schools in the local area, full of city fans that don’t get any tickets..

They are chasing tourists and short term money over long term city fans too much in my opinion. We need a balance and it’s swaying too much one way.

Last edited:
I haven’t got an issue with school children getting tickets - that’s always happened. Why on earth are school kids from Australia getting large amounts of tickets like that though. There are schools in the local area, full of city fans that don’t get any tickets..

They are chasing tourists and short term money over long term city fans too much in my opinion. We need a balance and it’s swaying too much one way.
You don't really believe there were large amounts of Australian kids given tickets?

You don't really believe there were large amounts of Australian kids given tickets?

I’m just going off the above picture. Probably not Australia, but it wouldnt be a surprise. the club give large amounts of tickets to school kids from Ireland and other places - usually at the top of east stand level 3 or the bottom corner of the family stand.

Last edited:
The main problem is that they are some of the hardest seats to sell, due to how wet and cold it gets there at certain times of the year. So it’s either groups like these or empty seats. I used to sit in row L and gave it up for that very reason, nearly got pneumonia after one game. Plus you only see half the match.

It’s not really a family stand either. I was in there on Sunday for the first 30 mins and near my old seat everyone was adults.

This is a tipping point. The atmosphere has been killed by those at the club organising tickets - selling proper fans down the river to give fans of other clubs a nice day out !!

Tickets for this game were sold out months ago yet there hundreds of empty seats and now we hear hundreds occupied by international schools cheering the opposition !!! Never mind the thousands of other tourists all round the stadium.

Some consultant probably thinks the Aussie kids will become City fans the minute they get in the stadium - not singing fucking Spurs songs they won’t !

The sad thing is we have nobody to challenge the club on behalf of supporters.

The official supporters club do nothing cause they are worried about their own tickets.

1894 is good for flags and smoke bombs outside but not taken seriously by anybody at the club.

City Matters is just a tickbox exercise.

I wonder at games why any kid today would get hooked like we did when it’s like a fucking morgue every week.

Was reading yesterday that Barca - the worlds biggest tourist club are struggling with crowds this season - only 34k in their temporary stadium on Sunday - €120 euro tickets and tourists not fancying a trip to a shit stadium out of town.

Hopefully the dickheads in control of City tickets have taken notice.

This is a tipping point. The atmosphere has been killed by those at the club organising tickets - selling proper fans down the river to give fans of other clubs a nice day out !!

Tickets for this game were sold out months ago yet there hundreds of empty seats and now we hear hundreds occupied by international schools cheering the opposition !!! Never mind the thousands of other tourists all round the stadium.

Some consultant probably thinks the Aussie kids will become City fans the minute they get in the stadium - not singing fucking Spurs songs they won’t !

The sad thing is we have nobody to challenge the club on behalf of supporters.

The official supporters club do nothing cause they are worried about their own tickets.

1894 is good for flags and smoke bombs outside but not taken seriously by anybody at the club.

City Matters is just a tickbox exercise.

I wonder at games why any kid today would get hooked like we did when it’s like a fucking morgue every week.

Was reading yesterday that Barca - the worlds biggest tourist club are struggling with crowds this season - only 34k in their temporary stadium on Sunday - €120 euro tickets and tourists not fancying a trip to a shit stadium out of town.

Hopefully the dickheads in control of City tickets have taken notice.
They won’t all be Spurs fans in one group, just a few of them with a load of neutrals probably joining in. They’re only kids, people shouldn’t be getting riled up about it.

They won’t all be Spurs fans in one group, just a few of them with a load of neutrals probably joining in. They’re only kids, people shouldn’t be getting riled up about it.
That’s the problem. Nobody is riled about it.

Nobody is arsed. The Liverpool game had scousers all round the stadium for a game sold out in August for City supporters that you needed a history of purchases to buy a ticket for.

Except of course for those spending £250 on a ticket a seasonticket holder has sold back then the club - which City ( or the agencies they use ) don’t give a fuck who they sell it to.

Then Spurs another game sold out months in advance for home supporters yet a fucking Australian school can bag as many tickets as they want.

We are being positioned as the tourist club of the Premier League and nobody is arsed.

That’s the problem. Nobody is riled about it.

Nobody is arsed. The Liverpool game had scousers all round the stadium for a game sold out in August for City supporters that you needed a history of purchases to buy a ticket for.

Except of course for those spending £250 on a ticket a seasonticket holder has sold back then the club - which City ( or the agencies they use ) don’t give a fuck who they sell it to.

Then Spurs another game sold out months in advance for home supporters yet a fucking Australian school can bag as many tickets as they want.

We are being positioned as the tourist club of the Premier League and nobody is arsed.
I suppose it depends on how this school got the tickets and why. For kids, in some of the worst seats, I don’t have too much of a problem. But I do agree with your concerns about how the club sell matchday tickets and season tickets too. I reckon all clubs are trying to maximise their income in all areas otherwise they risk falling foul of the daft FFP rules like Everton just have. Plus Manchester is becoming more of a tourist destination, and the club are exploiting that. Not sure we can stop that now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.