North Stand Expansion

Off topic.

How not to expand a stand.

Apparently the goal at the KOP is going to be moved further forward, so it’s visible?

View attachment 101181

I know people talk about sloping roofs keeping in the sound but the views from the back look absolutely awful when they’re in place. They take away from the scale and epicness of the stadium as a whole and lead to the letterbox effect.

1. You’re joking aren’t you? We are nowhere near the tourist club United were and likely still are. That’s what they were slated for by us when we were mainly made up of local support. But it brought them the money.

2. At what cost? Do you think it was always going to be the sheikh pumping money in for the sake it? Or to build the fan base of the club and, in turn, the size of it? Probably the wrong way round that but you get my point.

You don’t stay a reasonably big club with the investment, worldwide popularity we have had the last 15 years. You become a giant of a club as a result. With that comes fans from far and wide wanting a piece of the action at the Etihad. Umpteen trophies, domestic and European dominance and, most importantly, fucking those rag cunts off their perch is most definitely worth the cost.
In that case then tell the ‘super fans’ on here to stop complaining about the atmosphere at every game.

The corners of that new stand are just fucking weird, looking down on the seating of the other stands and not the pitch. You will have to be sat at a 45 degree angle to be watching the game!
View at the back is a bit grim.

Off topic.

How not to expand a stand.

Apparently the goal at the KOP is going to be moved further forward, so it’s visible?

View attachment 101181

Looks like the goal has been moved back to allow for the pitch lights to be in place. Once moved back into position it should be fine.

Agree with others though. The view from the back few rows is wank. The letterbox view does nothing for me.

Makes you grateful for what we have in SSL3!

Something Liverpool do that our club don't is to state how many season ticket holders they have and exactly where those on the waiting list are in terms of getting one in their lifetimes.

The extended Anfield Road stand will have 7000 additional seats. 1000 will be issued as season tickets, 3000 as general admission plus there will be a section for younger supporters. They haven't said what the nearly 3000 others will be but you can assume corporate / hospitality. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the type of model used for the expanded NS. Liverpool have much higher match day income than us and that is primarily down to having a much lower proportion of season ticket holders. The Liverpool proportion will reduce more once the new stand is fully open.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.