North Stand Expansion

If they make all of SS L3 safe standing let’s hope the new stand is sitting for us FOC and a cheaper price

I agree on the cheaper price part, but it would be a massive wasted opportunity to not have north stand level 2 as safe standing. A 7,000 standing area would be amazing. I’d rather just leave ss3 as it is or just have standing on the back 10 rows or so.

I don’t think what they’re doing in ss3 is related either way

What I find quite interesting. Sisk are evidently involved in the programming and planning of works, with or without the price and contract being agreed. Given they have their name on material for 3 differenct condition discharges. They provide a programme of works, which is broadly in line with the original application timeline, albeit it is their own and not LoR's. They also provide a phasing plan in a different application, and a vibration management strategy. They also outline the procurement of the facade bay mock-up, so they will have likely engaged their supply chain. All these though are subsequent to the original application info.

The only one Infound a bit of an oddity is the application to discharge the landscaping and ground finishes condition, which has Bam Construction as the applicant.
Probably a company who who's expertise are landscaping and such ! Could be a complete overall rather than just the new build site ?

Probably a company who who's expertise are landscaping and such ! Could be a complete overall rather than just the new build site ?

On the first point, maybe, but would find that a bit odd, Bam are a big enough main contractor in their own right. Re the second one, it is for a specific condition of the approval for the new site. Whether they are doing the overall already and this is a part of it, it is possible.

Something Liverpool do that our club don't is to state how many season ticket holders they have and exactly where those on the waiting list are in terms of getting one in their lifetimes.

The extended Anfield Road stand will have 7000 additional seats. 1000 will be issued as season tickets, 3000 as general admission plus there will be a section for younger supporters. They haven't said what the nearly 3000 others will be but you can assume corporate / hospitality. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the type of model used for the expanded NS. Liverpool have much higher match day income than us and that is primarily down to having a much lower proportion of season ticket holders. The Liverpool proportion will reduce more once the new stand is fully open.
I fear City will be looking to follow the same strategy. They don't need to sale tickets at a cheap price at the moment. This is something I hope City Matters will be able to get an answer on. No doubt the club will look to cash in on our fans.

Last edited:
I’ll dig into the planning app again over Christmas. I want to see the setup at the back of the level 2 again, with hotel rooms and balconies over looking level 2 and the pitch, and hospitality seating at the back of level 2. I’m guessing the latter would put paid to any chance of safe standing from the back to the front of level 2, if it’s even being considered by the club?

I’ll dig into the planning app again over Christmas. I want to see the setup at the back of the level 2 again, with hotel rooms and balconies over looking level 2 and the pitch, and hospitality seating at the back of level 2. I’m guessing the latter would put paid to any chance of safe standing from the back to the front of level 2, if it’s even being considered by the club?

Wouldn’t have any impact. The corporate seats are elevated and wouldn’t be obstructed by standing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.