North Stand Expansion

The Chief Operating Officer of City Football Group – the parent company overseeing Manchester City – has offered concerning comments on the Etihad Stadium’s future.
On the season ticket waiting list for the Etihad Stadium, Pep Guardiola’s side have a staggering 120,000 supporters waiting on the sidelines for the invitation to purchase access to every single home game.

As quoted by ‘The Political Economy of Football V2’, City Group’s Chief Operating Officer Roel De Vries has stated that Manchester City need to increase revenue generated through their home stadium “if we want to stay competitive in the world of football and be in the top group when it comes to performance”.

De Vries, formerly of Nissan Motor Corporation, continued, “We cannot easily expand the (Etihad) stadium beyond 60,000. So then we have to figure out, ‘How can we squeeze a lot more out of the stadium?’”

Although demand has increased exponentially, I’m not sure it has quite reached the levels the club thinks it has. You only have to look at the amount of tickets still available for Burnley, ignoring the one’s they have sent back, which incidentally aren’t moving there are 100’s all over the stadium, the pricing is madness and the club are on dodgy ground. When we’ve got another 8,000 seats to fill, games against Crystal Palace, Burnley, Fulham etc are going to be a tough sell at £50/£60.

Although demand has increased exponentially, I’m not sure it has quite reached the levels the club thinks it has. You only have to look at the amount of tickets still available for Burnley, ignoring the one’s they have sent back, which incidentally aren’t moving there are 100’s all over the stadium, the pricing is madness and the club are on dodgy ground. When we’ve got another 8,000 seats to fill, games against Crystal Palace, Burnley, Fulham etc are going to be a tough sell at £50/£60.
But ignoring the Burnley returns they are all season tickets added to the exchange so already sold once.

I agree, there’s no way there’s 120k waiting to buy a season ticket.

Burnley sold out didn’t it? I thought these were ticket exchange?

But ignoring the Burnley returns they are all season tickets added to the exchange so already sold once.
I don’t think they are all returns, there’s over 200 tickets in block 307, between 50 and 100 in plenty of others, they’re not all returns. This one was never down as all tickets sold after the second release in October. They’re grossly overpriced bearing in mind the opposition and it being Wednesday night.

Exactly.

Even though Huddersfield was sold out according to the OS there were hundreds of empty seats visible all over the ground. People will say they belonged to no shows, but I don't believe for one second that many City fans wouldn't turn up given the cheap cost of the tickets and the good weather.

As you say, City will have to sell an extra 8000 tickets in 2 years time. City aren't going to sell 8000 tickets at the current PL tickets prices, never mind PL tickets prices in two years time, apart from the big games.

There aren't but it doesn't really say that it said 120 k waiting to be offered.I assume that's the 120 K matchday members so they won't all want one. Quite a high proportion of them won't.
Depends how you read it I suppose. It suggests there are 120k on a “season ticket waiting list” but of course it’s probably the number of current Cityzens (eurgh!) many of whom will be happy to attend just the odd match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.