North Stand Expansion

I completely agree, I was only questioning the number in total, lot of figures in your post, but seems around 8000 may be possible.
Question is if they keep South stand blocks standing as it is now how many of the 8000 does that eat into? Plus if they decided to make NS tier 1 safe standing, how much would that add up to ?
Personally think if we do have 8000 standing they need to all be in one stand,not spread over 2.

If I was Sheikh Mansour.(good one jrb)

I’d leave SSL1 safe standing.
I’d move the away fans from SSL3 to blocks 110, 111, 114. Putting all the away fans in that corner.(like Spurs and Arsenal do at their grounds)
The SSL3 away end would become additional City seating.(1000+ seats)
I would give priority relocation to City fans in blocks 110 and 111 to NSL2, SSL1 and any other parts of the ground during the relocation window when seats become available.
I would leave NSL1 as it is. That really is a conundrum.
I‘d put 3000 safe standing seats at the back of NSL2.
Both ends of the Etihad would be full of City fans.
Each end would be vocal and have a singing section.
The away fans would be stuck in the corner, spread out, and wouldn’t be able to create much noise, unlike the 1000+ that do on SSL3.
All the away fans on L1 would still have access to the away coach park.

You may be right, but I'm not totally convinced there is at the moment demand for 8000 safe standing seats. Thats about 1 in 5 of current S/C holders, do you think 1 in 5 would want to stand ? Seems a bit high to me.
I don’t agree. Most teams across the league have standing sections behind each goal / Arsenal, spurs, Chelsea, villa and plenty of others.

Unless you’re saying spurs can fill 8,000 standing seats, but we can’t? We’d easily fill it

There will be a mix of ticket prices £1600 at the front GA+ then around £1k with £800 further back. But all City fans.
If there the prices you can say goodbye to having an atmospheric home end or persuading people to move seats. Young adults in particular wouldn’t be able to afford it.

£1600 at the front would be ridiculous

Similar to 93:20 prices, so not really ridiculous if they are GA+ seats.
I thought the idea was to create a proper home end though? If we’re recreating ss2 then fair enough. We may as well have just built a replica of the south stand if so.

Affordable pricing is a massive factor in helping to create a noisy home end. Those prices will mean younger people in particular wont be moving there. To me £1,600 for a season ticket is ridiculous and unaffordable for most.

If I was Sheikh Mansour.(good one jrb)

I’d leave SSL1 safe standing.
I’d move the away fans from SSL3 to blocks 110, 111, 114. Putting all the away fans in that corner.(like Spurs and Arsenal do at their grounds)
The SSL3 away end would become additional City seating.(1000+ seats)
I would give priority relocation to City fans in blocks 110 and 111 to NSL2, SSL1 and any other parts of the ground during the relocation window when seats become available.
I would leave NSL1 as it is. That really is a conundrum.
I‘d put 3000 safe standing seats at the back of NSL2.
Both ends of the Etihad would be full of City fans.
Each end would be vocal and have a singing section.
The away fans would be stuck in the corner, spread out, and wouldn’t be able to create much noise, unlike the 1000+ that do on SSL3.
All the away fans on L1 would still have access to the away coach park.
Thats an option I could see working,though does 2 singing ends cause issues with different songs and those on the sides not joining in ?don’t know. I think the main issue though is, there are lots of possible options and getting behind one option that everyone is behind is the tricky part. Seems though whichever way we go there needs to be a fair bit of relocating some fans, so whatever the club come up with there will be some complaints.
Think the club need to bite the bullet though and use this to get it as right as they can, and if some are upset about being moved so be it.

Off topic.

The conversation I had with the Liverpool fan in work led me to look at the match day prices on the KOP.

KOP layout, blocks and match day prices.

View attachment 116916
This season.

View attachment 116915

Next season. After the planned 2% rise.

View attachment 116917
Anfield Road stand expansion.

The expansion will see around 1,000 new season tickets allocated and more than 3,000 new general admission tickets per game for the Members sale. It will also have a new young adult section in the lower tier, behind the goal. It will mean a doubling of the number of tickets available to young supporters in the Anfield Road Stand, with more than a quarter of all seats set aside for younger fans.
I don’t really understand the key here, are the different “tiers” the same as our Cat. A, B,C etc?

Thats an option I could see working,though does 2 singing ends cause issues with different songs and those on the sides not joining in ?don’t know. I think the main issue though is, there are lots of possible options and getting behind one option that everyone is behind is the tricky part. Seems though whichever way we go there needs to be a fair bit of relocating some fans, so whatever the club come up with there will be some complaints.
Think the club need to bite the bullet though and use this to get it as right as they can, and if some are upset about being moved so be it.

It's the clubs last chance to get it right, whatever right is to everyone?

I thought the idea was to create a proper home end though? If we’re recreating ss2 then fair enough. We may as well have just built a replica of the south stand if so.

Affordable pricing is a massive factor in helping to create a noisy home end. Those prices will mean younger people in particular wont be moving there. To me £1,600 for a season ticket is ridiculous and unaffordable for most.
It's only the first couple of rows or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.