North Stand Expansion

I don’t really understand the key here, are the different “tiers” the same as our Cat. A, B,C etc?

As per with most stands the centre part of the KOP is slightly more expensive to stand in than the upper and outer parts of the KOP. Transfer that to NSL2, bar the proposed GA+ seats

The front of NSL2 will be the most expensive seats as they will be GA+ seats, and they will offer a better view of the match, similar to what the front seats on NSL2 offer now.

I thought the idea was to create a proper home end though? If we’re recreating ss2 then fair enough. We may as well have just built a replica of the south stand if so.

Affordable pricing is a massive factor in helping to create a noisy home end. Those prices will mean younger people in particular wont be moving there. To me £1,600 for a season ticket is ridiculous and unaffordable for most.

I think a few older folk here are living a little bit in the past, it is well documented that young people now spend a lot more and a lot more readily than older people. I have said this previously as my own observation, but I have since seen research on it, that I'll try find again and post.

Not that I am disagreeing with you, for the record, I think we all want prices to remain lower.

But that won't stop people of all ages taking up seats. Whether they are noisy or not, I don't see in what way their readyness to spend relates to that, that's a bit of a misplaced social judgement imo.

As per with most stands the centre part of the KOP is slightly more expensive to stand in than the upper and outer parts of the KOP. Transfer that to NSL2, bar the proposed GA+ seats

The front of NSL2 will be the most expensive seats as they will be GA+ seats, and they will offer a better view of the match, similar to what the front seats on NSL2 offer now.

They would be the most expensive seats regardless imo, i.e if they didnt have padding and access to their own bar amongst other bars. Because they have the best view and location. So for the extra they would cost, might as well throw those couple of perks in as a clincher for folk wanting them.

Reactions: jrb

So are these the prices for playing us, or Luton/Burnley? I know you’re illustrating the variation by specific location, just interested how we compare like for like?

I think a few older folk here are living a little bit in the past, it is well documented that young people now spend a lot more and a lot more readily than older people. I have said this previously as my own observation, but I have since seen research on it, that I'll try find again and post.

Not that I am disagreeing with you, for the record, I think we all want prices to remain lower.

But that won't stop people of all ages taking up seats. Whether they are noisy or not, I don't see in what way their readyness to spend relates to that, that's a bit of a misplaced social judgement imo.
Young adults who for example are at university or in there first job do not spend £1,600 on a season ticket - most don’t have that income. The obvious example of that is areas of the ground that are more expensive - the average age is a lot higher. Look at ss2 compared to ss1 or ss3.

I’m not living in the past either. I’m saying it as a young adult. I agree we all want prices to remain lower and affordable.

Off topic.

The conversation I had with the Liverpool fan in work led me to look at the match day prices on the KOP.

KOP layout, blocks and match day prices.

View attachment 116916
This season.

View attachment 116915

Next season. After the planned 2% rise.

View attachment 116917
Anfield Road stand expansion.

The expansion will see around 1,000 new season tickets allocated and more than 3,000 new general admission tickets per game for the Members sale. It will also have a new young adult section in the lower tier, behind the goal. It will mean a doubling of the number of tickets available to young supporters in the Anfield Road Stand, with more than a quarter of all seats set aside for younger fans.
I do think City should be making games more accessible for younger fans price wise. If the rags are doing this then we definitely should be.

Young adults who for example are at university or in there first job do not spend £1,600 on a season ticket - most don’t have that income. The obvious example of that is areas of the ground that are more expensive - the average age is a lot higher. Look at ss2 compared to ss1 or ss3.

I’m not living in the past either. I’m saying it as a young adult. I agree we all want prices to remain lower and affordable.

That's just not true, spending of that age group is huge now compared to what it used to be, and compared to people with families and older.

They may not have enough for morgages and to get on the property ladder, but they readily spend on gigs, sports, holidays, student accommodation, eating out etc. Quite a few current businesses are built on that. I'll try find the statistics.

Again, not saying prices should not be low. Just that it is a broad and inaccurate statement that it will price younger people out.

At the end of the day, shouldn't matter if they are young, old, rich, not rich, local, foreign, ambulant, or whatever. All that should matter is if they are blue.

Last edited:
So are these the prices for playing us, or Luton/Burnley? I know you’re illustrating the variation by specific location, just interested how we compare like for like?

Apologies for going off topic again. Just answering the question.

I was told by the Liverpool fan at work all the ticket prices on the KOP are the same regardless who Liverpool play in the PL. He was slightly out with the KOP ticket prices, hence why I checked to make sure. He said £42 for all adults this season.

From what I posted from the LFC OS it doesn’t show category game pricing.

Main ticket page.

IMG_1056.jpeg

Click on Premier League match tickets.

IMG_1057.jpeg

Apart from their large fan base, no wonder the Scousers are selling out Anfield at those ‘match day’ ticket prices.

£20 for a young adult on the KOP.

What are we, £35?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.