North Stand Expansion

I always wonder how they're able to get all them flares into the ground. It's the same in Dortmund, and I got the most thorough pat down I've ever had at dortmund back in October.

If they got the same check I got there was no way they were getting flares in, let alone that many
Kids don’t get patted down at City, maybe they use the kids to take them in?

Really? This thread is full of people complaining that The Etihad is "miles behind" the likes of Arsenal & Spurs from an exterior viewpoint.

It doesn't have to look like a spaceship no, however it should at least look like a stadium and not a cheap piece of tech.

We’re discussing the arena not the Etihad.

I accept it’s not to everyone’s liking, but the majority of the ‘£375mill’ build and fit out cost is being spent on the inside of the arena. That’s the most important part of the arena, That will set it apart from the AO Arena and the other UK arenas.

When people leave or stay after the concerts and events they won’t be discussing the arenas external appearance, they will hopefully be discussing what a great experience and time they had inside the arena?

I’ve booked a place on the Open Doors tour in March. I’ll take some pictures and write down any thing we’re told. If anyone has any questions please PM me and I’ll forward them on to the person doing the presentation.

We’re discussing the arena not the Etihad.

I accept it’s not to everyone’s liking, but the majority of the ‘£375mill’ build and fit out cost is being spent on the inside of the arena. That’s the most important part of the arena, That will set it apart from the AO Arena and the other UK arenas.

When people leave or stay after the concerts and events they won’t be discussing the arenas external appearance, they will hopefully be discussing what a great experience and time they had inside the arena?

I’ve booked a place on the Open Doors tour in March. I’ll take some pictures and write down any thing we’re told. If anyone has any questions please PM me and I’ll forward them on to the person doing the presentation.
Ahh, well that's your fault for posting pics of a football ground :)

Ahh, well that's your fault for posting pics of a football ground :)

Externally the outside canal side bar and seating area is a great addition.(during the Spring and Summer months) Credit needs to be given for using the canal as an area to sit and to enjoy a drink before a match, concert and event.

6C85D0CA-2753-449C-9A5E-852B77F2537B.jpeg

478578A5-11E8-4AC1-9A01-E62CC7293A9E.jpeg

CB3DE86A-F1AB-4D41-9AE8-E91CABFE77AE.jpeg

Back to topic.

Externally the outside canal side bar and seating area is a great addition.(during the Spring and Summer months) Credit needs to be given for using the canal as an area to sit and to enjoy a drink before a match, concert and event.

View attachment 70503

View attachment 70504
I've just realised, it was the new Bernabeu stadium I was talking about, not the COOP Live. I like that. Or are we at cross purposes?

Yep, it’s rubbish.

They are going to improve but ultimately their customers aren’t the paying public, they’re the big promotions companies like Live Nation.

And Live Nation don’t give a shit about the quality of the bars either - the state of the offer in their own venues is testament to that (O2 Ritz, O2 Apollo).

Joe Public is a captive audience.
It’s a shithole with terrible acoustics and even worse bars and food offerings.
This new gaff is going to be like a Ferrari compared to a Mondeo. And it will be designed for people to spend hours there before and after

The Nynex has free street parking right next to it and a much better transport offer and everything else in the city centre supporting it. But the Co-op is "sustainable". I hope the Co-op is a disaster, they have had no regard for the fans.
Seeing as City are a major investor and partner in the Co-op Live, I have to say that is a thoroughly weird thing to say
Surely more drink and food offerings near the stadium on a matchday is a good thing for the fans?

Transportation in its widest sense is our biggest downfall/ area of improvement.

It is scandalous that the campus is so underserved by metro on matchdays.

The new area parking restrictions are also going to be a hindrance to many fans/visitors.

It is to be hoped and expected that the club will be in detailed discussions with the operators and GMC to produce sustainable solutions.

Etihad Rail has a good ring to it and the are spending billions on expanding the network across the GCC
One line and one station in and out
The odd lot can access every line on the network within a 10/15 minute walk

If it's a 2 tier as rumored it won't be the same.

I doubt very much it will be anything like the
exterior of the South stand. I certainly hope not.

However, I do like the shape of the roof.

etihad-stadium153-2.jpg

Lol! Cheeky Sods are using my pictures. At least they've credited me. Think I remember them asking if they could use my pictures?

You should tell them to take them down or pay you for usage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.