Norwich City (A) - Post-Match Thread

Pep Guardiola's Premier League record against English managers is W59 D5 L3.

If he thinks he’s going to turn up and outplay everybody in the Premier League, and that teams like Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton and Crystal Palace are going to let his Manchester City side have the ball for 90 per cent of the time and pass pretty patterns around them so they can get a result, then he is absolutely deluded,” Collymore now infamously wrote in his Mirror column.

“In fact, he is beyond deluded. And if he thinks he doesn’t need to teach tackling or one-on-one combat in training then he’ll be going back to Spain with his tail between his legs.”

we are going to be a force once Pep gets a hang of the English game
570D262E-DEC7-4260-8576-8BCB97A3B2E5.gif

Always makes me laugh.. one on one combat ffs we’re not facing the fucking 42 commando

Norwich are shit but they gave a decent account of themselves in fairness to them first half hour. They've got a shout of surviving, them and Newcastle seem like they're in a two way fight to survive.

Good to see us put in a good performance without being vintage. We've had a few performances of late where we've just done enough to get through it so it's good for morale, hopefully a good confidence booster aswell as demoralising our future opponents and the chasing pack. Just what we needed ahead of a potentially tricky few fixtures to round off the month.

That penalty was not a penalty, can't say we haven't had our fair share of seriously soft penalties this season.

Norwich are shit but they gave a decent account of themselves in fairness to them first half hour. They've got a shout of surviving, them and Newcastle seem like they're in a two way fight to survive.

Good to see us put in a good performance without being vintage. We've had a few performances of late where we've just done enough to get through it so it's good for morale, hopefully a good confidence booster aswell as demoralising our future opponents and the chasing pack. Just what we needed ahead of a potentially tricky few fixtures to round off the month.

That penalty was not a penalty, can't say we haven't had our fair share of seriously soft penalties this season.
How was that not a penalty?

I swear to God — ten minutes ago.

Taking a hike in the sun after the match with my Kompany fluorescent 3rd kit (2015 I think).

Walked past a guy and his girl, and the guy said “Oh a Man City fan.”

I said, “Yeah.”

Then he says, smart-assedly, “Huh. So they really do exist.”

And as I walked past, I said, “Yep. And we’re better than whoever you support, buddy.”

And off I went. There was no reply. :)

Can’t believe this really happened.
Tell him it's quality, not quantity that counts and that the peeling wallpaper on the ceiling above his wife's bed needs attention ASAP.

I swear to God — ten minutes ago.

Taking a hike in the sun after the match with my Kompany fluorescent 3rd kit (2015 I think).

Walked past a guy and his girl, and the guy said “Oh a Man City fan.”

I said, “Yeah.”

Then he says, smart-assedly, “Huh. So they really do exist.”

And as I walked past, I said, “Yep. And we’re better than whoever you support, buddy.”

And off I went. There was no reply. :)

Can’t believe this really happened.
I can't get past taking a hike in the sun after the match you lucky bastard!

After a shaky start,collectively and individually,Dinho and Gundogan bossed that midfield and made us tick.

Nice to see Bernie and Foden shining and expressing themselves again too.

Zinchenko and Ake did ok,they are obvioulsy a drop off in quality,and the rustiness was evident,but as squad players there aren't many better.

Sterling took up some excellent positions,his pace will always be his best attribute,and the goals (however they went in) were very welcome.

Great to give the kids a few minutes too.

MOTM was Dinho,just ahead of Gundo.

Last edited:
My very slight gripe I've had the last couple of games concerns the academy boys coming on it last 10-15 minutes.
Being comfortably winning, tge team are usually in game management mode passing it around the back usually. Means the academy boys don't really 'get' into the game.
I know the whole match day is part of tge learning experience but i would ideally like tge tempo to be a tad higher in situations like this so the academy boys potentially see more of the ball in competitive mode.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.