Norwich City (A) - Post-Match Thread

I thought we might struggle in this game with SPorting Lisbon coming up and the performance we put in against Brentford game. There were some scary moments in this game until Sterling scored.

Norwich are shit but they gave a decent account of themselves in fairness to them first half hour. They've got a shout of surviving, them and Newcastle seem like they're in a two way fight to survive.

Good to see us put in a good performance without being vintage. We've had a few performances of late where we've just done enough to get through it so it's good for morale, hopefully a good confidence booster aswell as demoralising our future opponents and the chasing pack. Just what we needed ahead of a potentially tricky few fixtures to round off the month.

That penalty was not a penalty, can't say we haven't had our fair share of seriously soft penalties this season.
All day long a penalty, you're just not used to us getting them. The defender only had eyes for Delap and took him out, no attempt was made to play the ball.

The commentator said that Gilmore was an unused substitute for Chelsea when they won the Champions league against City........ errr okay

I swear to God — ten minutes ago.

Taking a hike in the sun after the match with my Kompany fluorescent 3rd kit (2015 I think).

Walked past a guy and his girl, and the guy said “Oh a Man City fan.”

I said, “Yeah.”

Then he says, smart-assedly, “Huh. So they really do exist.”

And as I walked past, I said, “Yep. And we’re better than whoever you support, buddy.”

And off I went. There was no reply. :)

Can’t believe this really happened.
A simple "fuck off you ****" would have sufficed.

Superb away end yesterday, even better in the concourse before the game and so many drunk people!
Took us a while to settle and Norwich gave it a good go, we got control of the midfield and that was that. Zinchenko was immaculate and his close control and passing are taken for granted. Was heartwarming to hear the shit dished out to Williams and it definitely affected him towards the end of the first half.
Loved the chant, you only sing when you're farming, a top away day.

After a shaky start,collectively and individually,Dinho and Gundogan bossed that midfield and made us tick.

Nice to see Bernie and Foden shining and expressing themselves again too.

Zinchenko and Ake did ok,they are obvioulsy a drop off in quality,and the rustiness was evident,but as squad players there aren't many better.

Sterling took up some excellent positions,his pace will always be his best attribute,and the goals (however they went in) were very welcome.

Great to give the kids a few minutes too.

MOTM was Dinho,just ahead of Gundo.
Zinchenko and Ake were excellent. “Did ok” lol, clueless

My very slight gripe I've had the last couple of games concerns the academy boys coming on it last 10-15 minutes.
Being comfortably winning, tge team are usually in game management mode passing it around the back usually. Means the academy boys don't really 'get' into the game.
I know the whole match day is part of tge learning experience but i would ideally like tge tempo to be a tad higher in situations like this so the academy boys potentially see more of the ball in competitive mode.
Phil Foden likes this

Great day out at the match. Fantastic atmosphere. Perfect result. Great reaction from the payers and Pep at the end. Good for Sterling's confidence - hopefully he'll kick on again. Not sure why there were so many flappers in the pre match thread as the odds were always on this game being business as usual, even with rotating a few.
Let's hope we get them in the cup and do it all again - after they knock out Liverpool!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.