Norwich City (A) - Post-Match Thread

My very slight gripe I've had the last couple of games concerns the academy boys coming on it last 10-15 minutes.
Being comfortably winning, tge team are usually in game management mode passing it around the back usually. Means the academy boys don't really 'get' into the game.
I know the whole match day is part of tge learning experience but i would ideally like tge tempo to be a tad higher in situations like this so the academy boys potentially see more of the ball in competitive mode.
You want Academy lads to come on in a tight game when we need a result at the expense of a top class established player!

Phil Foden likes this
I'm not sure we played with tge same level of control or game management we do at present 2-3 years ago.
When the boys came on yesterday I was eager for them to get really involved, but our management of the game and the ball really prevented that.
I'm not being hugely critical, just want the boys to show what they can do in tge cameos they're getting.

You want Academy lads to come on in a tight game when we need a result at the expense of a top class established player!
No, where do I say that. I merely suggest that we try and keep a bit of tempo in these games when the academy boys get on.

Zinchenko made a big difference to the the fluidity of the team. When he got the ball he moved it quickly and to me we look a more balanced side with him in it.

That’s currently our most dangerous front 3. I was actually excited to see our strongest front 5 with the possible exception of KDB in for Sterling.

Fernandinho is on his way out but I just love watching him play.

Zinchenko never lets us down.

We could/should have been 3 up in the first 15 minutes.

The control of games that City have, is incredible. All eleven of our players look so assured and calm, while the opposition (who in the Premier League, are almost always internationals themselves) scurry around like headless chickens, chasing shadows.

And it goes on week after week. Doesn't matter who's in or out of the team. Our control is relentless.

It really is incredible to behold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.