Norwich v City: Pre-match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please No Tinkering Tomorrow.

We don't know for certain that Yaya will be fit for Saturday yet. If he is I would certainly want him in the team. On Wednesday we demolished a WBA team which never really put any pressure on the ball. If you stand back and let City play you get demolished, but I'd be surprised if Norwich do, to anything like the same extent! Yaya's runs and ability to keep the ball could be vital in making space for the front four (surely the same, after Wednesday!) to make their little triangles and make Norwich dizzy! I still can't forgive Tevez, but I'll make use of him, and he played well against WBA.

Didsbury Dave said:
If I see Kolorov and/or Zabaleta at fullback I'll scream
\I am sorry, but Zabaleta has been the best fullback City has had this season. I know no one wants to say it, and sure Micah brings an attacking edge like no other in the league. But play for play, no fullback in the league has beena s good as Zabaletta on all fronts.

Better passer, better interchange player, better reader of the game, better tackler, better defender. Tactially non of our fullbacks have been half the player Zaba has been, and that is no disrespect to the other 3 who have been fantastic this year and form a 4some of uur most consistent position. But of all 4, Zabaletta is the absolute best.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:39 am --<br /><br />That said, start with the same 11 and bring in Yaya if need be later.

I can see Zabby and Jonno starting on the right, Dzeko and Aguero up top with Yaya in for de Jong.

Im going for 4 changes, but i have faith in our Bobby.

Personally i wouldnt change a thing, not even Yaya for Nige, but im not a professional Premier League manager, so what would i know.

DTKOAG said:
Just a simple Yaya for NDJ.

Simple.

It's our 3rd game in 6 days so unfortunately there's bound to be some rotation.

For example we don't know how fit Tevez is, he may be benched tomorrow purely for fitness reasons.

Mancini is not stupid, every action he takes will be calculated even if we might disagree with it at times.

Dax777 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
\I am sorry, but Zabaleta has been the best fullback City has had this season. I know no one wants to say it, and sure Micah brings an attacking edge like no other in the league. But play for play, no fullback in the league has beena s good as Zabaletta on all fronts.

Better passer, better interchange player, better reader of the game, better tackler, better defender. Tactially non of our fullbacks have been half the player Zaba has been, and that is no disrespect to the other 3 who have been fantastic this year and form a 4some of uur most consistent position. But of all 4, Zabaletta is the absolute best.

Can't agree with this at all. Zaba is a fantastic utility player, extremely solid and reliable but Richards in a way is one our most important attackers when teams keep it tight through the middle. There's no substitute for Richards bombing on down that right hand side.

He is our best full back, hands down.

Please No Tinkering Tomorrow.

Dax777 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Better passer, better interchange player, better reader of the game, better tackler, better defender. Tactially non of our fullbacks have been half the player Zaba has been, and that is no disrespect to the other 3 who have been fantastic this year and form a 4some of uur most consistent position. But of all 4, Zabaletta is the absolute best.

-- Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:39 am --

That said, start with the same 11 and bring in Yaya if need be later.
Zabaleta is a battler and can deliver in a high pressure game when we are under the cosh. But he gives us nothing going forward and that matters with our narrow system, playing teams on the edge of their own box.

Richards is better in every dept.

salfordblues said:
DTKOAG said:
Just a simple Yaya for NDJ.

Simple.

It's our 3rd game in 6 days so unfortunately there's bound to be some rotation.

For example we don't know how fit Tevez is, he may be benched tomorrow purely for fitness reasons.

Mancini is not stupid, every action he takes will be calculated even if we might disagree with it at times.

Dax777 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Can't agree with this at all. Zaba is a fantastic utility player, extremely solid and reliable but Richards in a way is one our most important attackers when teams keep it tight through the middle. There's no substitute for Richards bombing on down that right hand side.

He is our best full back, hands down.

Agree with all of that SB....As much as I like Zaba he's not a patch on Richards especially in the final 3rd.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
We don't know for certain that Yaya will be fit for Saturday yet. If he is I would certainly want him in the team. On Wednesday we demolished a WBA team which never really put any pressure on the ball. If you stand back and let City play you get demolished, but I'd be surprised if Norwich do, to anything like the same extent! Yaya's runs and ability to keep the ball could be vital in making space for the front four (surely the same, after Wednesday!) to make their little triangles and make Norwich dizzy! I still can't forgive Tevez, but I'll make use of him, and he played well against WBA.

IMO WBA were as good as we allowed them to be, our formation and system scared them into their "defend at all costs" mentality (AGAIN), and it could well have the same effect on Norwich, so why change the winning formula to include Yaya? His runs could work in our favour or he could just congest it all and get in the way of the four little fellas, in which case he'll be being deployed as a defensive holder, which IMO NDJ is far better at.

Didsbury Dave said:
Dax777 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

-- Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:39 am --

That said, start with the same 11 and bring in Yaya if need be later.
Zabaleta is a battler and can deliver in a high pressure game when we are under the cosh. But he gives us nothing going forward and that matters with our narrow system, playing teams on the edge of their own box.

Richards is better in every dept.

For me Zabby is as good defending as Richards is attacking, and therefore cancel each other out. Not saying Richards cant defend, as we all know the boy is brilliant, and Zabs on his day is very good going forward, just lacks the pace.

but..

Im just thankful we have both of them to discuss about, i wouldnt change them for anyone in the world.

really cant see us starting without nasri.. he's been our best player in midfield recently !

should see this:

Hart

Zaba
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Barry
De Jong
Pizarro

Nasri
Silva
Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.