Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Fantastic game from Aguero today. Had he been more clinical in front of goal, could have had a hat trick easily.
Nice finishing from Dzeko. Perhaps he can bring the spark back our strikers have been missing lately.
Good to see Clichy back, he adds a lot to the team on both ends of the field.
And never a red for Nasri. That sucks big time, as he was terrific in first half vs Newcastle and we've missed him since. I guess Tevez will have to step up now.

Re: Is Fred Eyre actually a City fan?!

pride in battle said:
quiet_riot said:
Had the misfortune to listen to GMR this afternoon, as all my streams were foreign.

Is this guy always so negative? He harped on and on about Dzeko's third goal, claiming it was offside and that the linesman was crap. Now I've seen it and it was definitely NOT offside, but there'll be no sign of an apology from him when he sees it again.

Fred Eyre....tosser...

Fred Eyre...fantastic City pundit...

pride in battle said:
quiet_riot said:
Had the misfortune to listen to GMR this afternoon, as all my streams were foreign.

Is this guy always so negative? He harped on and on about Dzeko's third goal, claiming it was offside and that the linesman was crap. Now I've seen it and it was definitely NOT offside, but there'll be no sign of an apology from him when he sees it again.

Fred Eyre....tosser...

Not a tosser at all,he's a blue.

However,i reckon he's past his sell by....... he's so monotone and depressing,not a presenter who actively attracts the listner.

Great win by the ten men today , after Nasris harsh dismissal for doin' next to fuck all ......

thought most of our players did well ... Barry battled well , as did Aguero .... Dzeko clinical from the word go .... Zabalata put in another top shift , and Kompany and Nastasic battled gamely in the face of the second half Norwich fightback ...... also thought Silva played well until his departure.

Exciting stuff to the very end , and we almost blew it .. but a great three points nevertheless.

Remember Crouch's first goal fir Liverpool bounced out and the keeper carried it in. They'll make it up as they go.

Durham Blue2 said:
Worth a big mention for Zabaleta IMO , he was awesome today , up the wing , in defence , he was everywhere, fully committed and ran his heart out for the lads. A few more like him and we'll be chasing down the lead at the top. City seem so much better playing direct balls forward rather than playing across the opponents box.
Not rocket science that if you play the ball forward more quickly that you turn a defence, the big problem is why we're not turning to this when struggling in games. United are shit quite often but if you throw balls into a box or up to your strikers with a defence facing their own goal then chances will come.
You don't need quick players to move the ball forward quickly, midfield should take note!

FantasyIreland said:
pride in battle said:
quiet_riot said:

Fred Eyre....tosser...

Not a tosser at all,he's a blue.

However,i reckon he's past his sell by....... he's so monotone and depressing,not a presenter who actively attracts the listner.

Certainly didn't sound like a blue today. I got the impression he was distinctly disappointed that we won.

I think our strikers played well today. Of course Dzeko getting an early goal-1min was a surprise but TWO in 5, left foot then right,.....well hats off to him. Yaya's ball and Aguero's finish for the 3rd, top class. That 3 goals are what we should be creating from now on.

Every Moon has a dark side huh?
3 set pieces and 3 goals for norwich. BANG! in they went and we were pushed right to the end. We could have been a easier time after Aguero's goal, but of course, we never have anything easy do we?
We really could do with better defending in set pieces. 1st one had a little deflection off clichy but Hart could have done better. Nastasic could have marked Martin better for the 2nd. The 3rd was a real fluster really, i dont think anyone is at fault for that. Maybe we could have cleared the ball after Hart's punch but it was really difficult and happened in the blink of an eye.

Ref was crap,especially for that free kick-goal. Damn, did Kompany look like a Christmas Turkey to him??? Like Peeeeeeeep, stop there you hairless turkey, your mine for dinner and Norwich gets a freekick in exchange.

Gutted by Nasri's red, means we will miss him for the Arsenal game, couldnt have come at a worse timing.

SWP's back said:
MSP said:
EaglesFan said:
If Dzeko's third goal is an own goal - how about attributing two out of three Norwich goals to: Clichy (1st), Hart (3rd)?

Just watched the replay again - calling that an own goal is RIDICULOUS.

It is own goal and that rule was there since always, he hits the post, ball bounces and doesn't go to the net before keeper sends it there

Can't be anything but own goal
Rooney was given the goal when he scored one the same for England against Croatia in the Euros a while back.

Double standards as always.
What about Yaya's at West Ham? He was given that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.