Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Is Fred Eyre actually a City fan?!

quiet_riot said:
Lancet Fluke said:
quiet_riot said:
Certainly didn't sound like a blue today. I got the impression he was distinctly disappointed that we won.

He always sounds a bit miserable, that's just his manner, I suppose you either like that or not. I didn't hear him today but I refuse to believe he would be disappointed that City won and yes, he can be critical if he sees something that he feels deserves criticising, I don't think that makes him sound less of a blue. The reason I like him is that he says what he thinks and isn't a sycophant. He thought a goal was offside and it wasn't, quite frankly, so fucking what?

Well if he wasn't sure, fair enough, mention it and move on, make a decision once you've seen a replay.

As it was, immediately after the goal, he said Dzeko was "3, 4, 5 yards offside" also said "what is this linesman playing at" and then on 3 occasions later said how we'd be "thankful to this poor linesman" if "WE" won.

We get enough short ends of sticks from Sky and their ilk, without getting it from someone who is allegedly one of our own.

He thought it was offside so he said so. I'm not really sure what the problem is with that. Surely it is his job as a pundit to give his opinion on what he saw. He presumably didn't say he wasn't sure becaused he felt certain that it was offside. He got it wrong on this occasion, that is all. But imo he knows shit loads about football, is usually spot on in what he says and (again imo) is a very fine pundit on City. The fact that he is a blue but isn't sycophantic and is prepared to be unbiased is what makes him so good. The last thing I want to hear is someone telling me everything is great all the time.

Salar said:
Since when did we forget to defend set pieces.Made it hard on ourselves by conceding stupid goals.

The second Norwich goal was definetely down to our central defenders not marking up properly ..... they left Joe Hart exposed to a free header right in front of goal.

Was having cardiac moments at 2-3 and 3-4. They never gave up. A draw would have been a disaster after storming into a two goal lead. Vital win.

black mamba said:
santasa said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
They give those as ogs now unless it's Dick van Miffy or Rooney and then it's added to their tally!

True !
Although, I just read at Goal.com & Guardian that he is allowed to "(...) claim a hat-trick after his shot found its way into the net via Mark Bunn, and rightly so (...)"
That's interesting !

On my match stream they gave it as an OG , it certainly WASN'T offside ..... but in my view it would be a bit harsh if that goal wasn't given to Dzeko , he did all the hard work.
A minute ago Demba Ba (Ars vs. NewCast) was given a goal from the free kick, which was clear OG !
(at least following same criteria)

Davs 19 said:
blueinsa said:
SWPISHOME said:
I think there deserved to be 7 minutes to be honest, If the show was on the other foot we'd say the same.

Possibly he gave 5 and 5 he should have played.

They make it up as they go along and that fooker today was a disgrace!

Share the frustration but it is 5 initial minutes. I thought the guy was inept today but thought he had the added time pretty much right.

30 seconds for a sub, that's all. Week in, week out the board goes up and managers make a sub to waste some time and the player makes sure he does just that. 99% of refs do not then think fuck it, i will add on a couple of extra minutes.

The twat is as corrupt as fuck and it was his final throw of the dice in getting them something from the game or more to the point, making us drop points!

Davs 19 said:
blueinsa said:
SWPISHOME said:
I think there deserved to be 7 minutes to be honest, If the show was on the other foot we'd say the same.

Possibly he gave 5 and 5 he should have played.

They make it up as they go along and that fooker today was a disgrace!

Share the frustration but it is 5 initial minutes. I thought the guy was inept today but thought he had the added time pretty much right.
The 6 minutes 45 seconds was fair, the subs and a bit of rolling around we did justified that, we'd want it if the boot was on the other foot, looks very silly and predictable to moan about it to be honest!

black mamba said:
Salar said:
Since when did we forget to defend set pieces.Made it hard on ourselves by conceding stupid goals.

The second Norwich goal was definetely down to our central defenders not marking up properly ..... they left Joe Hart exposed to a free header right in front of goal.
And we should've cleared the ball for there 3rd.

Ducado said:
So are we all a little happier now?

Would have been happier still if West Brom hadn't of given the rags a belated christmas present and put through their own goal !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.