Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Fernd_06 said:
It is unbelievable reading people criticize our manager. Who are these spoilt brats? Converted rags?
At a rough guess I'd say they were fans who wanted to see our expensively assembled match-day squad put up a reasonable performance against a bunch of relegation-threatened rejects and has-beens none of whom would get anywhere near starting for us. Or do Norwich really have some great players? Or is Hughton a better tactician than MP?
Or perhaps the Norwich defence is the best in the division - or have you forgotten what we did to them at our place.
Play the "I'm dead loyal and won't criticise" card if you wish, but some of us watch games with our eyes open.
Not the end of the world, but poor none the less.

Armaan said:
Rammy Blue said:
The amount of rags in this thread is hilarious.

Never see half these fellas posting unless it's in a loss thread.

I'd say more CoC etc.

Grow a fucking set if your blue, if your a troll well you can (as tcib's solicitor i have edited this part) off, got it ?

alanblue said:
pee dubya said:
alanblue said:
If only we had signed Mangala and Fernando
Is that a joke?

Doe's it sound like a joke you clown

Pee- Alan has a very good point. MP is rigid with his tactics, so instead of using the right formation for the squad he has, he plays the same system with replacements on the bench. Had we singed the two, they would've filled in for Fer and Yaya would've played much higher on the pitch creating those nice clever short passes with Silva etc.

Enough of this "missing this player, missing that player" excuse. Look at Chelsea , their highest goal scorer there has just about 9 goals this season. Its not about having a complete team, its about grinding out results, Its about winning ugly and i am afraid our obsession with "beautiful football" might hurt us this season. The only time the team has won ugly this season was the game against Crystal palace . We have to develop the attitude of grinding out results, Like Milner said some weeks ago "we have to learn to win ugly".

Shirley said:
Rammy Blue said:
We were shite today, however nothing to do with MP.

AK and Dzeko were the only subs worth bringing on, lottery as to who you take off, it just didn't work out.

What really pissed me off today, more than anything, was how deep Yaya played - just can't get my head around why, desperate for a goal and he's sat in front of the back 4. Very strange.

Very strange indeed, no one was stopping him to venture forward only himself.

We looked leggy, lethargic, and mentally slow throughout the game. Bitterly disappointing after the Arsenal game. Like Rammy says, we were shite from back to front and in the end were lucky to take the point.

Ah well. Everyone had a blip and this is ours.

Haven't read anything yet because I'm sitting in car park at Norwich waiting for traffic to die down!
But has anyone mentioned that since Hansen et al said we are the best team on the planet we've gone backward? Curse of the pundits!!

cityok said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
taconinja said:
That was the most disappointing moment of the day for me. That's telling considering the poor performance all around.

Couldn't understand why he ambled in slower than a drunken snail!

It's all well and good battering teams and then not being able to grind out results, particularly against teams that have little to offer. We could have done with whackin' NC by just the five at The Etihad and saving a couple for today.

Title winning teams rarely play with such a blunted cutting edge as we did today. MANUre scabbed three points at Carrow Road last season and that's the least we should have done today.

Got a feeling the recent Dzeko resurgence might have coincided with the transfer window, maybe he's on a another lull?
he'll be back i reckon in and out as always, scoring important goals here and there.

Having missed about three sitters beforehand!

taconinja said:
alanblue said:
If only we had signed Mangala and Fernando
I'm not sure it says anything good if we need to buy a minimum of two players every window to stay on pace.

I do agree with your comment mate, but I do think we should have strengthened whilst we were on top of our game.

We only really strengthened our attack in the Summer and pretty much almost forgot the defence and central midifeld, it was clear we needed a decent left center back and a replacement for Garcia and Rodwell who could have come in and really give us that quality in depth to our central midfield.

We should be doing better with what we have though, I can't get my head around why we seem to turn up for the big games yet look lost in games such as Norwich, Cardiff, Villa, Stoke and Sunderland all away.

Needed to add someone in Jan, imo this is costing us right now as our squad players are all injured or coming back from injuries at the time our first teamers are out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.