Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

A very disappointing performance but what is even more unfortunate is the familiarly of the attitude and approach of the players. We have seen a lot of this in the past couple of years or so from this players and it may not be the last time. We just have to hope that they show genuine interest (usually when things are going well) for most of the season or at least more times than not.

Unlucky with the bad timing of injuries and the team has gone of the boil, which is a natural phase during the course of the season.

Concerning today's match, I still think Jovetic was a positive and I am certain that we would have scored if he stayed on as he looked very engaged and interested in creating chances and making things happen. The manager should have left him on. Also Kolarov should have come on earlier for Clichy as we were attacking most of the time and it would have been reasonable to have Kolarov +2 strikers.

As I said this reality of players unreliable approach and attitude is a drawback or side effect of this new situation we find ourselves. Just need to accept it and hope that over time we would acquire players that are willing to fight for the course regardless of the situation.

It is going to be tough henceforth but the key is to weather the storm this month and hope that the other players come back as quickly as possible and then perhaps every player will start pretending to care when things start going well again.

irishben said:
Missing Fernadinho and Aguero, simple as that

No it really isnt.

A complete lacklustre performance, and with that starting XI we should be expecting to sweep Norwich aside. Countless times i saw someone try and cross and just wasnt anyone in the box let alone forward. Where is the 5 players all charging down on goal? Just lacklustre

i♥city! said:
Enough of this "missing this player, missing that player" excuse. Look at Chelsea , their highest goal scorer there has just about 9 goals this season. Its not about having a complete team, its about grinding out results, Its about winning ugly and i am afraid our obsession with "beautiful football" might hurt us this season. The only time the team has won ugly this season was the game against Crystal palace . We have to develop the attitude of grinding out results, Like Milner said some weeks ago "we have to learn to win ugly".
Chelsea drew at home to West Ham last week. What are you talking about?

Ideally the team needs freshening up now, but we can't

andrewmswift said:
title over

We had enough chances today and although we wouldn't of deserved it against Chelsea we could have won.

The big white elephant in the room is we're not the same team without Augero.

I'd hate to lose it to JM. He's a total nob, but I still think we're well capable of winning it

Why did players not play in high tempo as usual is because manager told them to save themselves. I can understand he doesn't want to lose any more player especially Yaya, Silva, Kampany. But just MHO He could set the game plan to play in safe mode against Chelsea and could play full attacking today.

bluemanc1994 said:
ElMatador said:
bluemanc1994 said:
A win away from top. In February. Fact!
Wrong. A win PLUS chelsea AND arsenal dropping points. Ain't gonna happen.

Why not!? Everyone can drop silly points. They still have to play each other. 13 games left, neither will win all 13!
Exactly. Hardly anybody had us down for dropping points today. Hardly anybody had Pool down to absolutely spank the Arse today.
These things happen.

I'm not convinced we'll win the PL, but I think we've got a good chance. What I can guarantee is that anyone on here who's convinced Chelski will win the PL isn't certain enough to put their house on it.

i♥city! said:
Enough of this "missing this player, missing that player" excuse. Look at Chelsea , their highest goal scorer there has just about 9 goals this season. Its not about having a complete team, its about grinding out results, Its about winning ugly and i am afraid our obsession with "beautiful football" might hurt us this season. The only time the team has won ugly this season was the game against Crystal palace . We have to develop the attitude of grinding out results, Like Milner said some weeks ago "we have to learn to win ugly".

Our players should have this firmly indexed as part of their repetoire. Win with the beautiful stuff as a staple, but when yer play teams happy to hang on to what they started with, a point and a clean sheet, you revert to ugly!

mancity61 said:
cityok said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Couldn't understand why he ambled in slower than a drunken snail!

It's all well and good battering teams and then not being able to grind out results, particularly against teams that have little to offer. We could have done with whackin' NC by just the five at The Etihad and saving a couple for today.

Title winning teams rarely play with such a blunted cutting edge as we did today. MANUre scabbed three points at Carrow Road last season and that's the least we should have done today.

Got a feeling the recent Dzeko resurgence might have coincided with the transfer window, maybe he's on a another lull?
he'll be back i reckon in and out as always, scoring important goals here and there.

Having missed about three sitters beforehand!

He has said it himself about not being a supersub, but usually he is bloody good at it, though the later he's put on for me .

Dzeko - A City Enigma

Marvin said:
i♥city! said:
Chelsea drew at home to West Ham last week. What are you talking about?

Ideally the team needs freshening up now, but we can't
I think we have done some ugly winning this season. That wasn't the problem today. We were not the worst team out there but we could not break down a very organised team. It was one of those days. If the Beast's header in the first half had gone in instead of hitting the bar it would have made it a completely different game and we would have probably got several more as Norwich would have had to come out and play.
Narrow margins....

AliWaheed said:
mancity61 said:
Can't understand why Dzeko is half asleep all the time as a professional footballer. A regulation tap in awaited him if he'd just had the sense to gamble on the low cross which was travelling almost as slow as him!!
I can't believe people still hope for better from him. He's wank

Strange comments a couple of games ago he was brilliant...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.