Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Chippy_boy said:
urban genie said:
Another blip but nothing more,

Watching the players today I have to seriously wonder if they realise the gravity of the situation. We have in our hands a golden opportunity to win the title this year. After the fuck up on Monday, we still could have gone top. As it is, we are now behind Chelsea, with a vastly more difficult set of games remaining.

The thing, is it is not going to get any easier than this year, with the scum all over the floor and with Maureen building his time. Winning it next year will be even more difficult. We are complete idiots if we just let this chance slip through our fingers. All this bollocks about injuries as well. Against Chelsea, yes OK to a point but we were at home, imperious against all comers. To lose as we did was a massive bottle job. Today was worse. So we had no Aguero. But we had Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic. Is this not enough? And no Fernandino. Do you think Norwich would take any of Milner, Silva and Yaya? Just a bit.

The performance today was dire, no other word for it.
Spot on post mate.
Ive calmed down a bit now, we just need to move on and get a good win and run going at home.

Chippy_boy said:
urban genie said:

Watching the players today I have to seriously wonder if they realise the gravity of the situation. We have in our hands a golden opportunity to win the title this year. After the fuck up on Monday, we still could have gone top. As it is, we are now behind Chelsea, with a vastly more difficult set of games remaining.

The thing, is it is not going to get any easier than this year, with the scum all over the floor and with Maureen building his time. Winning it next year will be even more difficult. We are complete idiots if we just let this chance slip through our fingers. All this bollocks about injuries as well. Against Chelsea, yes OK to a point but we were at home, imperious against all comers. To lose as we did was a massive bottle job. Today was worse. So we had no Aguero. But we had Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic. Is this not enough? And no Fernandino. Do you think Norwich would take any of Milner, Silva and Yaya? Just a bit.

Spot on. Only Jovetic seemed up for it today (albeit slightly rusty), in a game when we could have gone back to the top of the league ffs.. we seem a little bit fragile this season, something you definitely couldnt say about Mancini's City side. He had his downfalls, but we had that physicality about us that resembles Chelsea under Mourinho. I think that has left us slightly.

Thought the reaction to the Chelsea loss will really show the character of the team and tell us all we have to know.

It only told we are not good enough to beat a shit Norwich team. and cant even blame the injured players. Not vs a relegation zone Norwich. They had injured players as well. You have to deal with that. barca had Messi out for two months yet they didnt drop out of title race and that is Messi who usually can score 3 goals a match to win it...

Shots on target stats are awful both this game and the Chelsea game. This our big strength this year, scoring goals, making lot of chances. We cant rely on a very strong defence, we have to rely on our attackers this season as this new "brilliant football is good only for us"...

If its a small blip in form or the start of a longer bad run we will know after Sunderland and the FA Cup game.

Wonder how we will prepare for sunderland game, dont expect much difference in Norwich tactics today and what Poyet will offer. We didnt prepare well as our only hope today was crossing a lot, everytime, most of those crosses didnt beat the first man from Navas:(, corners the same...
I dont really like this crossing style, of course when they pack the midfield we dont have much more options...

It was shocking to see yaya so deep late in the game. Sorry but that was poor tactic from Pellers today.

Not necessarily a bad performance but a tired one, one of those games where we dominate possession but struggle with the end product. We're being forced to play tired and unfit players during this period of having a few injuries.

We have 5 games against bottom half opposition now, 4 of which are at home. We should be able to get through these unscathed while Fernandinho, Nasri and Aguero recover from injury. You'd hope that in the cup final and Barca games the occasions should help the players through the game. Then come the crunch matches, we'll have the key players back and then it will show if we deserve to win the league or not.

Stoned Rose said:
Could feel it from the word go it was going to be one of those Sunderland / Cardiff type of performances.

It just had that feel. Players as a collective seemed very mentally and physically tired and didn't have that drive to get a win. Utterly baffling and annoying considering top spot was up for grabs.

We're very very badly missing fern aguero and nasri. We look a very different team without them.

If we play like today against Chelsea and barca we'll get bummed twice.

Barca lost at home last week, don't you know.

Aguero_Element said:
Chippy_boy said:
urban genie said:

Spot on post mate.
Ive calmed down a bit now, we just need to move on and get a good win and run going at home.

This exactly what I've been trying to say. You snooze you lose- non that 2 points behind. We should be 2 points ahead!!

Mattyc55 said:
Chippy_boy said:
urban genie said:

Spot on. Only Jovetic seemed up for it today (albeit slightly rusty), in a game when we could have gone back to the top of the league ffs.. we seem a little bit fragile this season, something you definitely couldnt say about Mancini's City side. He had his downfalls, but we had that physicality about us that resembles Chelsea under Mourinho. I think that has left us slightly.

Totally agree from both of you. I just don't think we have the mentality in our players to really push for the title apart from maybe hart, vinny and Zabba. This is a great opportunity for success. Next season will be tougher with Liverpool, rags, Chelsea and of course arsenal challenging for the title. Worse, We may lose the likes of Aguero, silva and yaya in the summer which will tear our squad apart. Call me a drama queen but this result could have dire consequences.

citymad said:
Mattyc55 said:
Chippy_boy said:

Spot on. Only Jovetic seemed up for it today (albeit slightly rusty), in a game when we could have gone back to the top of the league ffs.. we seem a
little bit fragile this season, something you definitely couldnt say about Mancini's City side. He had his downfalls, but we had that physicality about us that resembles Chelsea under Mourinho. I think that has left us slightly.

Totally agree from both of you. I just don't think we have the mentality in our players to really push for the title apart from maybe hart, vinny and Zabba. This is a great opportunity for success. Next season will be tougher with Liverpool, rags, Chelsea and of course arsenal challenging for the title. Worse, We may lose the likes of Aguero, silva and yaya in the summer which will tear our squad apart. Call me a drama queen but this result could have dire consequences.

Drama queen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.