"Not Enough Players!"

MSP said:
How the hell likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and such are never tired... they've been playing zillion of games for years and yet you never hear them or their managers complain about that..

I could understand the lacking midfielders part but being tired not.

It would be interesting to see the actual numbers of minutes by players by season over time - including going back to the 60 's, with smaller squads, no subs etc

anyone know of such a thing?

blueinsa said:
The most ridiculous and frankly embarrassing excuse ever.

A dangerous road to start going down imo for Bob and he needs to get his players performing for 90 mins instead of switching off.
Ideally we'd have been able to play Milner and or de Jong, but I think you're right we don't want to give players an excuse to feel tired.

Manager has to give some explanation to the fans about what happens in the match, good or bad. And injuries in midfield were a factor

Willie Wontie said:
MSP said:
How the hell likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and such are never tired... they've been playing zillion of games for years and yet you never hear them or their managers complain about that..

I could understand the lacking midfielders part but being tired not.

It would be interesting to see the actual numbers of minutes by players by season over time - including going back to the 60 's, with smaller squads, no subs etc

anyone know of such a thing?

Not sure about minutes but Messi played 65 matches last season in all competitions for Barcelona and Argentina.

What about Razak? Put a bit of faith in the young ones.

Plus, they had 4 days to recover. I'm a bit confused as to why they're so tired after their first midweek game of the season.

This is a feeble excuse Roberto we've spent a fortune on players in the past 3 years and professional players should be able to play two games in a week, and if they are tired rotate the team we have a massive squad and young players that should be able to fit in as and when required if not what's the point of an academy. Other teams don't blame fatigue when they lose it's always the same excuse Fulham played in UEFA on thursday night but were up for the fight till the final whistle.

CityFan94 said:

Plus, they had 4 days to recover. I'm a bit confused as to why they're so tired after their first midweek game of the season.

You have to be confused, it's not November for God's sake. How they would feel after playing midweek CL games and Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal on weekends.

Season barely started FGS, no tiredness factor should be introduced yet.

MSP said:
CityFan94 said:

You have to be confused, it's not November for God's sake. How they would feel after playing midweek CL games and Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal on weekends.

Season barely started FGS, no tiredness factor should be introduced yet.
If you play a very intense game - as we did against napoli - it takes days for the body to recover. Doesn't matter whether you are in the middle of the season, or at the beginning

Any amateur sportsman or woman knows not to train the same body part more than twice a week

Look at Utd, Real Madrid, Arsenal. Even Stoke and Birmingham. All lost or played poorly. there are some exceptions eg barcelona, but generally accepted that teams struggle after playing a tough game a few days ago. It's not rocket science to understand why

Does Mancini no longer take English lessons? I've not noticed much of an improvement over the last 6 months or so and he could do with avoiding these mis-interpretations. It's created a headline out of nothing. We listen to every Mancini interview, so understand what he's trying to say, even if he's actually said something slightly different. Others just take what he says literally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.