Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

Cupu said:
I'm from Thailand and my dad supported man city since 30/40 years ago, he lived in a very poor house and would always try to escape his mom and sneak into his neighbour's house to watch City. He could never really follow the club simply because there was no option for him. 5 years ago I was privileged enough to manage to get into an English boarding school in the UK, and since then I've been supporting City passionately following my dad, Stephen Ireland was my favourite player and coming 14th that season was really shit (but cannot be compared to those who were here when we were in League 2). Sometimes I hesitate to say I'm a supporter because I know that the degree of passion/ love/ commitment you guys have is incomparable. I have to admit that I have yet to watch a match at the home stadium, but now that I am in university here I have been collecting up money to pay for the expenses to get to achieve my dream, perhaps it will come true next season. However, from reading some posts on here, I sometimes fear that some supporters have a very pessimistic view about foreign supporters! I really hope this is not the case because we all share a common love for this wonderful club.

CTID

That's cool, what boarding school bud ? my father went to one in Scotland also.

TCIB said:
Cupu said:
I'm from Thailand and my dad supported man city since 30/40 years ago, he lived in a very poor house and would always try to escape his mom and sneak into his neighbour's house to watch City. He could never really follow the club simply because there was no option for him. 5 years ago I was privileged enough to manage to get into an English boarding school in the UK, and since then I've been supporting City passionately following my dad, Stephen Ireland was my favourite player and coming 14th that season was really shit (but cannot be compared to those who were here when we were in League 2). Sometimes I hesitate to say I'm a supporter because I know that the degree of passion/ love/ commitment you guys have is incomparable. I have to admit that I have yet to watch a match at the home stadium, but now that I am in university here I have been collecting up money to pay for the expenses to get to achieve my dream, perhaps it will come true next season. However, from reading some posts on here, I sometimes fear that some supporters have a very pessimistic view about foreign supporters! I really hope this is not the case because we all share a common love for this wonderful club.

CTID

That's cool, what boarding school bud ? my father went to one in Scotland also.

Boarding school was in west midlands called Malvern College, im in the University of St Andrews now

Fair play to you bud.

Hopefully you get to see the team play soon :)

Ireland let his head get the better of him, a real shame as he was great when he put the effort in.

From UAE

Fan since Our Dear Sheikh Mansoor bought the club.

Supporter of his other club Al Jazira too.

Love Sheikh Mansoor and all our rulers/leaders.

Ovo said:
BluePurgatory said:
We are on the verge of making history, prob had the best season ever in the prem as a result our profile outside the UK has rocketed and is attracting more interest than the rags. I cannot believe there are still blues posting negatives threads about new fans!

Some of you need to get a grip and grow up. You are acting like an only child, who has been spoilt and does not want to share their toys with anyone else.

Just because someone wants to support our team from across the world does not make them a Glory Hunter.

Sounds like something a glory supporter would say...

And your retort is how someone very bitter would answer!

It doesnt matter where you are from. A blue is a blue.

All I will say to new fans is take time to see our history and love and appreciate our club like we do.

Be warned though some of our fans can be complete cunts so just ignore them. Some examples of these cunts are in this thread.

I was one of the handful that wasnt at York but was at Wrexham the week after.

Count me in.From Malaysia. Hear that City team coming here for pre-season in July.Must get that ticket and watch Joe Hart play! Mind you Malaysia's Team is the best in south east asia :)

BluePurgatory said:
Ovo said:
BluePurgatory said:
We are on the verge of making history, prob had the best season ever in the prem as a result our profile outside the UK has rocketed and is attracting more interest than the rags. I cannot believe there are still blues posting negatives threads about new fans!

Some of you need to get a grip and grow up. You are acting like an only child, who has been spoilt and does not want to share their toys with anyone else.

Just because someone wants to support our team from across the world does not make them a Glory Hunter.

Sounds like something a glory supporter would say...

And your retort is how someone very bitter would answer!

fishing.jpg

What's it matter where you're from?

But what puzzles me is the people saying they had no interest in football until 4 years ago?

I'm from Norway, and I'm a blue. Me and my father are both members of the Norwegian branch.

My father has supported City since he was a little kid - early 70's. He would read every newspaper to keep himself updated, as they didn't show the games on Norwegian TV at the time. Now, he travels to Manchester several times a year.

I grew up watching City games with my father on the telly. The first game I got to see live, was against Spurs at White Hart Lane in '03. Barton and Sommeil scored the goals.

I've been to Manchester and Etihad every year since then - once or twice a year. I was at the semi-final at Wembley and in Munich as well.

Looking forward to many more!

The future is blue. CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.