Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

citijin said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
Hold on a minute...

Haven't we been slagging the rags off for the past 20 years for having fans like this? To suddenly accept this is a bit fucking hypocritical if you ask me. I know glory hunters are a product of success but I'm uneasy with it.
can you be little bit more explicit as to why you are uneasy?
you can accept that the owner of city if from the uae, the manger from italy, the players from argentina, bosnia, italy spain, ivory cost, france, belgium, .... but can't accept fans from other places than manchester. to me that very narrow minded.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Hold on a minute...

Haven't we been slagging the rags off for the past 20 years for having fans like this? To suddenly accept this is a bit fucking hypocritical if you ask me. I know glory hunters are a product of success but I'm uneasy with it.

It doesn't apply when its us............. apparently

Now now, we have to learn to share. Now with FFP we need new fans more than ever, as long as they love the club and take the good with the bad and arent just in it for the glory then i for one will welcome them

Johnsonontheleft said:
Hold on a minute...

So what you mean is, you ave been taking the piss out of them for this, and you fear you are going to lose face, man the FCUK up

If you don't support the team of an area that you have a emotional attachment to, you're cheating yourself a little in my opinion. Should we win on Sunday I'll be ecstatic, that as a Mancunian, my football team has chalked one up for the City of Manchester opposed to being happy because a team called Manchester City has won the EPL.

I don't have any ill feeling towards those that support a team for it's name and the success they can attach themselves to, but I'm happy in the knowledge that any victory will mean much more to me than it will them. That's not aloofness, it's just par for the course when living in the community the club plies it's trade in.

Nonetheless, anybody that wants to support the club is welcome to in my eyes; it shouldn't be for anybody to judge and ultimately it's a bit juvenile.

Over 650 million viewers tuned in for the derby last month, the vast majority I'm sure live in SE Asia.
City have potentially a huge fan base in the making, be ready and prepared to welcome them all.

citijin said:
you can accept that the owner of city if from the uae, the manger from italy, the players from argentina, bosnia, italy spain, ivory cost, france, belgium, .... but can't accept fans from other places than manchester. to me that very narrow minded.

He didn't seem to be criticizing foreign fans but rather foreign fans who started supporting City because of our money/signings/imminent success. There are some foreign Blues who have been through the bad times and supported City as passionately as local blues.

I'm not gonna criticize anyone but you can't complain if given the "glory hunter" tag, the only reason to start supporting a top team really is for the very reason they're a top team... as there are hundreds of teams to choose from in the English league system from Wigan to Hyde FC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.