Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

i hope your optimism is right.
i dont share it
but there you go.

I've seen enough this season in the Premier League to say we just are not 100% focus on winning it, we are patchy and don't put teams away like we can, BUT the one thing I have seen enough of this season is a Manchester city team that can blow a team away and score plenty,

people call it a cup team or just a lucky team ? Am old enough to see it and understand it, teams are built in different ways for different things, the best team in the league win it because they win more than the others, they put very good runs of wins together, Cup teams are patchy and can beat anybody on their day,

I don't like the setup of Manchester city this season, and the league title is the bread and butter of any club,
we will never get to hear what's the MAIN target set by the club this season, but the feel and what's been played out so far in the Premier League is not good enough,

BUT

if we win the Champions League, do you think we care about days like today > to be continued

How long does it take you lot to get over a bad result?

Easier to take if we’re shit and get outplayed, today is a rough one though due to circumstances.

Everybody is more depressed due to Wednesday's result. It was a result that should have lifted us, kick started our season and demoralised Arsenal. Instead they come from behind to win a tricky away game and we throw two points away in a game we should have been out of sight long before we did. There's also a sneaking feeling that no matter how many wobbles Arsenal have we just aren't good or consistent enough to take advantage.

Understand all that. Beat Arsenal at home and we will be fine.

Genuinely baffled how anyone can think he was at fault for that goal today, v Spurs, Villa etc when those in front of him threw him under the bus by presenting the opposition with simple chances.
Our defending overall has been shite this season compared to our usual standards
I never said he was at fault today. But its an ongoing issue that needs to change. The 57% shot saving stat is atrocious

Last season means nothing in respect of this campaign. Don't get me wrong; I admire your optimism, I really do. I just don't share it!

Me neither. We aren't keeping clean sheets and in spite of having a forward who is the league's leading scorer we are struggling in a lot of games to score. Our defence isn't settled and we are using Bernardo at left back. Our midfield at times is looking it's age, leggy. We are still capable of pulling off games like Wednesday but not consistently this season. People say Arsenal have some tough games but so do we.

Last edited:
How long does it take you lot to get over a bad result?

Easier to take if we’re shit and get outplayed, today is a rough one though due to circumstances.
Pretty quick usually but today's is lingering as we threw it away. All on us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.