Nottingham Forest (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Let's hold fire and just let Haaland play his game
please don't buy into this media shit that Haaland is the best in the world and will score 40 Premier League goals,
they want nothing more than him failing and city winning nothing,

also, I would like to point out that it's so much more than just the Haaland show, the whole teams are working so hard for each other and Haaland is just a part of it,

something is very different this season and the feeling in and around the stadium is electric
I think the pressure is off, and now the whole club is just bearing the fruit because of the hard work over the last 10 years,

great result and we go again
Very sensible and thoughtful post. Thank you. Especially the second paragraph and I’m sure that Erling would agree. :-)

I agree with the sentiment completely, but it really is the Haaland show right now.
The buzz on the concourse before the game yesterday was all about him. He is box office. He will sell out stadiums everywhere we go.

Even Forest's support gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed.
What did our esteemed manager and not too shabby a defensive mid himself say recently? If you want to earn the big money and have kids with your name on your shirt learn how to score goals. Lol.

I agree with the sentiment completely, but it really is the Haaland show right now.
The buzz on the concourse before the game yesterday was all about him. He is box office. He will sell out stadiums everywhere we go.

Even Forest's support gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed.

They say Rome wasn't built in a day,
a lot of very hard work has gone into this over the last 10 years and the foundations set
yes, Haaland is part of the future, but the future is unknown and time has a habit of kicking up the bum

do we have the next messi or ronadlo ? Well, that's easy to answer right now, NO, but in 10 years time ask me the same question, it could be still NO, but we have HAALAND

I had discreetly resigned myself to the idea that the years were passing at an accelerated rate now and that the consequence would be that I became an even grumpier old git. Gone forever the days when I could be moved to spontaneous, and childlike, applause because our debutant Argentine forward had thumped in his second of the night to thrill us all with a four goal second half against a newly promoted team, that time Swansea City. Gone at least until the last few days. Four goals in the second half to see off a Palace team 2-0 ahead at the half way mark, and a Palace team traumatised by a Norse god aided by ten giants. But last night witnessed an explosion of what could only be classed as genuine, hand clapping, oh-ahing excitement! The whole team was superb, but Haaland was breathtaking, from the time he scored with his first touch to the moment, 26 minutes later, he completed his hat-trick - this time a perfect hat-trick in reply to the scouser who derided Saturday's as the worst ever in PL history (though that was a rushed job of only 19 minutes). And when Erling took his leave young Alvarez thought he'd better take over. We'd had one glimpse already and we knew his work rate was phenomenal, but the finishing! Two absolute belters! I was no longer a grumpy old git. I was excited! As excited as young grandchildren who chortled at every goal. As excited as my 20 year old grandson who had been inspired by Sergio to ask, "Grandpa, is Sergio as good as Shaun Goater?" And so Ancoats, old chap, I too have no intention of buying into any media nonsense but like you and every City fan, I' really looking forward to the ride.

Was it Hinchcliffe calling the game again? I noticed after about 3-0 he was encouraging Forest’s players to "give us a kick" or some such?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.