Notts County Away 85.

Had a nightmare journey over as car broke down as clutch had gone but some kind blue who was passing took me and my mates to the game and then drove us back after at which point he hitched my car to his and drove us back to hazel grove which is where I think he must have lived. Think I must have called the AA out to take me home. Game was shit but pretty much just like many away days of that era. It must have been one of the biggest away followings for a league game we ever had. Only the infamous game at Oldham springs to mind for a bigger following and the league title decider at Newcastle but that was before my time.
Have you forgotten York and Blackburn

What I do remember from travelling all over the country following my beloved City in the 80's was Nottinghamshire police were shocking towards us Mancs.
Yeah, they'd arrest people so they could get back the nick and have a warm afternoon.
Vile lot. West Midlands were equally as bad. West Brom was always a joke. Fans being lobbed out for fun.

Was at the game great day out before the game what I remember well was a copper offering me a fight outside the stadium just before ko as others have said they were very heavy handed a called him a **** or something similar for his obvious enjoyment of pushing every blue around him then set about me and we had to be separated him taking his jacket and helmet off and saying come on then, I kid you not was very funny I was told to fuck off my his colleagues which my mates did, never forget that, the match offering so much then typical City turned up, another great memory supporting City.

That book by Curtis and Hockin passed me by. I shall almost certainly get that.
Simon Curtis is a good journalist, always worth reading. Still regret the fact that Howard Hockin moved on from David Mooney's podcast. Made me laugh like a drain. Very dry humour.

Very jealous of all of you who were able to go in those days. Sounds like it was mad, and fun. In other words, TC (Typical City). I had moved to the other side of the world. There was no 92 from Beijing, or if there was I never found the stop.

Was in a pub before the game where the bar collapsed under the weight of City fans trying to get served. Wasn't too mithered mind as ended up with two free pints! Can't recall too much about the game itself, but remember hearing later about the City fans in fancy dress invading the changing rooms at half time. That just about summed that era up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.