Nuri Sahin??

NipHolmes said:
Nuri plays best as a CM, at Dortmund he was THE man in Midfield. They really missed him when he left, granted they pulled through but still they look a lesser side than when they had him.

Sahin simply plays for the wrong team and could walk into out starting 11 imo.

---------------Yaya------Sahin---------------
--Nasri/Tevez-----------------Silva-----------
------------------------RVP------------------
----------------Aguero-----------------------

Yaya would have CDM and make his runs and Sahin would sit in CM and drop back when needed but mainly would sit in CM. If you wanted a CDM you'd bput Barry or De Jong there behind Sahin and Yaya at the expense of Nasri most probably.

Sahin is an absolute fucking snip at anything less than £20million. Real have Lassana, Khedira, Alonso, Kaka, Ozil, Sahin, Callejon and Di Maria (who can play through the middle as well as wing). Sahin, Kaka and Lassana are the players likely to be sold to free up wage and bring in funds. City should make this signing a priority just like we shoudl if Pedro come available. Both are world class and both are 'cheaper' than they would be if they played for other teams as they woudl be main fixtures there.

Martinez, Sahin, Pedro and RVP would be collosal.

No FM speak, just linking players who we have a chance at signing and who are realistic. All the players bar RVP are needed as we are thin in those positions. RVP merelty replaces an outgoing striker.

Your posts always hit the nail on the head, and this one's no different, those are THE four players I'd like. Sahin is the type of player we need to excel in Europe, along with Pedro and Martinez, RVP less so but as you say, to replace any outgoing striker.

Joehannes said:
NipHolmes said:
Nuri plays best as a CM, at Dortmund he was THE man in Midfield. They really missed him when he left, granted they pulled through but still they look a lesser side than when they had him.

Yaya would have CDM and make his runs and Sahin would sit in CM and drop back when needed but mainly would sit in CM. If you wanted a CDM you'd bput Barry or De Jong there behind Sahin and Yaya at the expense of Nasri most probably.

Sahin is an absolute fucking snip at anything less than £20million. Real have Lassana, Khedira, Alonso, Kaka, Ozil, Sahin, Callejon and Di Maria (who can play through the middle as well as wing). Sahin, Kaka and Lassana are the players likely to be sold to free up wage and bring in funds. City should make this signing a priority just like we shoudl if Pedro come available. Both are world class and both are 'cheaper' than they would be if they played for other teams as they woudl be main fixtures there.

No FM speak, just linking players who we have a chance at signing and who are realistic. All the players bar RVP are needed as we are thin in those positions. RVP merelty replaces an outgoing striker.

Your posts always hit the nail on the head, and this one's no different, those are THE four players I'd like. Sahin is the type of player we need to excel in Europe, along with Pedro and Martinez, RVP less so but as you say, to replace any outgoing striker.

Cheers fella :)

The way I see it is this. We were left short at CB during our 'blip' and we are short in class at CM hence Pizzaro. Milner doesn't cut the mustard for me and nor does he Mancini, a good player but not world class.

Signing Martinez provides CB and CDM cover, a player who will get better for us and will become world class. Sahin is already there but simply went to the wrong team as many do when they sign for Real.

Both players offer quality and both sort us out in regards to our weak points.

Pedro is a no brainer, he competes with Sanchez, Alacantra and Affelay as well as Villa who can play LW (out of position nbut does play there time to time). Barca need the funds and can live without him (unbelievably). His class isn't up for debate and he slots into role that's completely empty. Not only does he fill it but he'd be the best in the Prem at the position. Missing on Hazard is a gutter, no doubt about that but this kid imo is even better. He's mesmerising and I don't say that lightly.

RVP isn't a palyer we massively need but his contract issues make him appealing. Offloading a striker in the shape of Dzeko most probably to replace him with the prems top scorer and player of the year isn't bad going.

A couple of promising kids in too and we are away. I genuinely think our squad would be laden in class, we would have strength right the way through and we still keep our spine whcih allows chemistry to remain whilst incoming players adapt to us.

The key to a successful window in my eyes is to not unsettle team, no to disrupt a winning formula but to better us in the long term.

Those players mentioned would do and would also make us a team on par with Real and Barca.

NipHolmes said:

If I didn't know any better I'd say I wrote that myself. Completely bang on. Sahin alone would almost certainly (barring some worldy) be the best signing of the summer if we could get him (I say that mainly because we're already well stocked in attack, and he'd be better than Martinez).

adrianr said:
NipHolmes said:

If I didn't know any better I'd say I wrote that myself. Completely bang on. Sahin alone would almost certainly (barring some worldy) be the best signing of the summer if we could get him (I say that mainly because we're already well stocked in attack, and he'd be better than Martinez).

Cheers fellla.

The thing with Martinez is that many hope that he's a player he actually isn't. What the lad is, is this. He is a player who's best position is CB, he says so himself. But he has a very good pass and is very mobile whilst also retaining pyhsical attributes that allow him to be a good CB. His flexibility mean he is 2/3 players in 1. I think he's an ideal signing but like you it's Sahin all day long for me as the main target.

We need someone that will link play from defense to attack and will do so successfully. He did this well with Dortmund and I cannot see why he couldn't here. We are too reliant on Yaya when moving ball from back to front and Sahin takes that pressure off and more.

Sahin being link with a loan to Inter to try and get Maicon to Real.

We should be in for this lad, seriously. I agree a transfer window that consists of

Sahin
Martinez/De Rossi
Pedro

That would IMO give us a real shout at CL and certainly mean we are in the final mix for silverware at the end of the season. How we get those three for a 65m outlay I am not sure.

Rammyblues said:
Sahin being link with a loan to Inter to try and get Maicon to Real.

We should be in for this lad, seriously. I agree a transfer window that consists of

Sahin
Martinez/De Rossi
Pedro

That would IMO give us a real shout at CL and certainly mean we are in the final mix for silverware at the end of the season. How we get those three for a 65m outlay I am not sure.

If all possible. Sahin, I think we could get for around £15m, Martinez would probably cost about £28m and Pedro £25m. Taking away possible deals for Ade, Kolo, AJ and more..

Sahin would be a great signing for sure but this thread feels a bit like the Bale thread, people really want him to join us but there's no indication really that City are remotely interested in him. A player of this type wins Champions Leagues although Sahin is far from the finished article still.

agree with LC in reference to the vale thread and I don't think we have shown any interest but he would slot in very nicely. Im still confused with the Martinez situation as he keeps saying he wants to stay and he's not interested in leaving.. Pedro has been at barca forever and I would find it hard that he would want to leave or that they would want to sell. Someone also noted that they are willing to loan sahin to inter for maicon?? Is arbeloa that bad? I thought he was decent last year when Ramos moved inward

Big mistake going near Madrid, hard to say no at the time but what a waste.

He'd be a good option in place of Barry, quality player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.