Nuri Sahin??

NipHolmes said:
Nuri plays best as a CM, at Dortmund he was THE man in Midfield. They really missed him when he left, granted they pulled through but still they look a lesser side than when they had him.

Pulled through?

Dortmund are my second team and I reckon winning 23 and drawing 5 of the last 28 league games to win the title with ease, and winning the cup too, is more than just pulling through.

The BVB team of 2011-12 was considerably stronger than the team that played during the second half of the 2010-11 season, a season when Nuri Sahin played every game. In fact, if you look at Dortmund having three dominant 17 round chunks of fixtures and one where they were fairly average, then it's noticeable that, whisper it, Shinji Kagawa was the one missing for all of the games in that poor spell, and he hardly missed any in the other three chunks when they swept all before them.

Nuri Sahin was a damned fine player for BVB but he was part of a great team in every sense of the word. I'm just not sure he's in the same bracket as Mesut Ozil.

Kagawa is definitely a bigger loss for Dortmund than Sahin was.

Is there any genuine interest in this guy. Or is it merely generated by people who would like to see him at City and the fact he can't get in the Madrid team?

DD said:
NipHolmes said:
Nuri plays best as a CM, at Dortmund he was THE man in Midfield. They really missed him when he left, granted they pulled through but still they look a lesser side than when they had him.

Pulled through?

Dortmund are my second team and I reckon winning 23 and drawing 5 of the last 28 league games to win the title with ease, and winning the cup too, is more than just pulling through.

The BVB team of 2011-12 was considerably stronger than the team that played during the second half of the 2010-11 season, a season when Nuri Sahin played every game. In fact, if you look at Dortmund having three dominant 17 round chunks of fixtures and one where they were fairly average, then it's noticeable that, whisper it, Shinji Kagawa was the one missing for all of the games in that poor spell, and he hardly missed any in the other three chunks when they swept all before them.

Nuri Sahin was a damned fine player for BVB but he was part of a great team in every sense of the word. I'm just not sure he's in the same bracket as Mesut Ozil.

Pull through was meant as got it together. Moved on despite his loss.

They are a lesser midfield without Sahin than they were with him. Kagawa will be missed for assists and for the price they got for him but Sahin is imo a better player, role for role.

I rate Ozil very highly but I'd compare him more to Kagawa than Sahin as he plays CAM rather than CM. If we lost Silva then Ozil is the man I'd like to replace him.

Watched a shedload of Dortmund last year, Hummels is the man I would really like.

NipHolmes said:
DD said:
NipHolmes said:

Pulled through?

Pull through was meant as got it together. Moved on despite his loss.

They are a lesser midfield without Sahin than they were with him. Kagawa will be missed for assists and for the price they got for him but Sahin is imo a better player, role for role.

I rate Ozil very highly but I'd compare him more to Kagawa than Sahin as he plays CAM rather than CM. If we lost Silva then Ozil is the man I'd like to replace him.

Watched a shedload of Dortmund last year, Hummels is the man I would really like.

The point is though that Dortmund definitely do not look a lesser side without him. The Dortmund side over the last 28 games of last season was virtually untouchable, despite the fact that Sahin had gone and that Götze was injured for most of that period.

Interestingly, since Kagawa signed for Dortmund the record when he played was:
P 49 W 39 D 6 L 5

When he didn't play:
P 19 W 9 D 6 L 3

I agree on Mats Hummels though. Great defender. Most of their first team would be good enough for our squad, although not necessarily as starters, as long as we don't go anywhere near Kevin Großkreutz!:)

TooBlue2 said:
Is there any genuine interest in this guy. Or is it merely generated by people who would like to see him at City and the fact he can't get in the Madrid team?

merely generated by people who would like to see him at City ! im one of them :'(

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kuu9uLAxMY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kuu9uLAxMY</a>

Awesome player. Would fit in with our style of play. Give us more guile and craft in midfield alongside Yaya.

If any kind of deal is possible go for it Bobby!

If Sahin did sign for City. Where would he play. Don't know much, if anything about him.

Can he tackle because if he is with YaYa as the 'defensive' midfield does that not mean we could be a little weak in that area?

Kompany is King said:
If Sahin did sign for City. Where would he play. Don't know much, if anything about him.

Can he tackle because if he is with YaYa as the 'defensive' midfield does that not mean we could be a little weak in that area?

He can bring more to the team than NDJ currently does plus he is younger so i believe he would fit in properly . He's no De rossi but i believe with his pace and adaptability he can only get better in the PL .

Just saw this though . I'll be pissed if this goes through . Although its goal.com so its probably shitty news anyway

Manchester United target Sahin as frustrations grow over Lucas Moura pursuit

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3252824/manchester-united-target-sahin-as-frustrations-grow-over" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... -grow-over</a>

i♥city! said:
Kompany is King said:

He can bring more to the team than NDJ currently does plus he is younger so i believe he would fit in properly . He's no De rossi but i believe with his pace and adaptability he can only get better in the PL .

Just saw this though . I'll be pissed if this goes through . Although its goal.com so its probably shitty news anyway

Manchester United target Sahin as frustrations grow over Lucas Moura pursuit

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3252824/manchester-united-target-sahin-as-frustrations-grow-over" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... -grow-over</a>

I think it's fucking mad if we don't go all in for him.
The only reason as too why we aren't going guns blazing in for him is cause we are sure about the Martinez deal otherwise i just don't get it.

Anyway i do hope the rags doesn't get him..

He got injured or its likely he would have played, he is fully fit now and the kind of midfield passer most top sides could do with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.