Oasis reunion

You’ve just described exactly how the new car market works in the US. For popular models the ‘sticker price’ isn’t what people pay, dealers jack up the retail prices to whatever the market can sustain.
I've always paid thousands less than sticker by buying at the end of the month when dealers are desperate to meet their sales quota, and always have 10+ dealerships give me their best price, until the one that really can make a deal underbids the rest of them. Never fails.
It’s also how the market here works for Rolex watches. It’s impossible to get a lot of models at retail price from a dealer so the grey market jacks up the prices.

It’s basic unregulated free market economics.
With this Ticketmaster racket, there's only one supplier, and there's (tens or hundreds of?) thousands queuing up at the same time trying to get the same item.

Hardly the same thing, but I'm over it as it was mostly for my son anyways.

Maybe we'll score when Oasis announce their US dates because no one over here will care. ;-)

Last edited:
I've always paid thousands less than sticker by buying at the end of the month when dealers are desperate to meet their sales quota, and always have 10+ dealerships give me their best price, until the one that really can make a deal underbids the rest of them. Never fails.

With this Ticketmaster racket, there's only one supplier, and there's (tens or hundreds of) thousands queuing up at the same time trying to get the same item.

Hardly the same thing, but I'm over it as it was mostly for my son anyways.

Maybe we'll score when Oasis announce their US dates because no one over here will care. ;-)

Realise my post sounded like I was a yank - I’m not - just watch a lot of US based motoring YouTube channels etc.

Took me a while to wrap my head around the whole sticker price thing as here in the uk if you go to a main dealer you pay the standard price and end up on a waiting list.

Though there is a grey market of resellers technically the car is second hand with a previous owner.

Your standard BMW dealer for example can’t just jack up the price of a M5 Touring just because shitloads of people want one, like they can in the states.

Despite this mornings shenanigans with ticketmaster, I eventually managed to get tickets in the gods at Wembley through gigsntours.com. I refreshed their page every few seconds, it eventually went onto the website and allowed me to search thru all the venues and days.

Now just need my pants pulling down for hotels now!

It was half his own and half Oasis. Liam also probably plays more Oasis than his own. Think those paying extortionate prices to see them are going to come away rather disillusioned.

I’m just about ok with 150 quid. Much more than that and I’ve have to think twice. I’m sure SJM did their research on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.