Oasis reunion

If (when) they do, Ticketmaster will deal with refunds, keeping the booking fees.
In the meantime, the (reported) £400m+ sits happily in high interest accounts making even more money for TM and the band.

Nice work if you can get it.
I’ve made my mind up. I’m boycotting the sound/ no vision, gig in my back garden next August. I’m refusing to go out in the garden to listen when they’re on and I’m putting the deckchairs away.

They’d better not be over the hill, the better make these gigs really good ones.

And there’s no reason why they shouldn’t. I’ve seen older artists who are much older in recent years deliver fabulous performances (Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen).

I didn’t go to Liam’s recent gigs but he looked decent on the TV at Reading the other week and we saw him there a few years back when he was second on the bill and he was very good indeed; thought he’d given headliners Muse (who I’d seen once before) a real problem but to be fair, they came out honours pretty even, helped by bringing Brian Johnson out to sing an AC/DC song.

As for Oasis being ashamed, they aren’t doing this out of brotherly love, they are in the music business and will have been offered a lot of money to tour. “They’ve sold out man” is very 60’s!

Liams voice is in good shape, he actually sounds better than he did in the 90s

Reactions: OB1
I paid about €375 face value for my Istanbul CL final ticket. Would you have told me not to pay that much for a football match, would you have said I’d gone mad? Actually don’t answer the last part!

One off-game i can understand it, But we are talking about 16 gigs and more to come

Who benefits most?

It's a cash cow and everyone involved will milk it until it's dry. Expect more dates at original pricing with 'credit' being given to the band for 'making a stand on behalf of fans'.

Credibility restored, fans happy, more money in the bank for TM and the band.

The Gallaghers certainly aren't going to complain about getting more money.

As I said in another post, the Gallaghers aren’t doing this for brotherly love, they aren’t doing it for the fans, they are doing it for themselves and not least because they can make so much money from it.

The fact is that they have created the huge demand and are set to reap the rewards.

I would have liked to see them schedule far more dates and charge a bit less but most of all I want to see them play live as Oasis one more time and I want them to deliver a much better show than the last time I saw them at Wembley. I don’t expect Maine Road because we are all 30 years older but they need to be extremely well rehearsed and committed in their performance, like a Pep team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.