Oasis reunion

How can Oasis stop the people who bought tickets for £148.50 from reselling them for £350 if they list it as an in demand ticket?

Exactly this, really. Oasis/Ticketmaster created a new face value price of 355 per ticket. And any resale or transfer of those tickets 10 months from now, would have to be considered "in demand" by its very nature.

View attachment 130321

This is the screen I see on ticketmaster. Looks pretty impossible to resell to me but then again I never have and have no intention of reselling these so maybe the touts have worked out some sort of system but yeah seems dodgy and leaving yourself open to being scammed in my opinion.

Just give whoever you’re selling them to your Ticketmaster log in and they sign in and download the tickets to their phone.

Change your password or create new account for next time.

Exactly this, really. Oasis/Ticketmaster created a new face value price of 355 per ticket. And any resale or transfer of those tickets 10 months from now, would have to be considered "in demand" by its very nature.
But it was £355 for THAT ticket - bit like when you return something to a shop, it gets refunded at the value you paid not the current value of it (if that makes sense).........

My daughter had similar experience. In the queue for hours, gets to the front of it and website bombs her out. Repeatedly tries to get back on ,eventually does gets to choose 2 seats at silly money and software doesn't respond to take her to checkout.
I’ve had that experience as few times in the past and my wife was complaining last night about it as she tried. Literally my daughter was viewing a seating section having chased a ticket or pair of tickets unsuccessfully and a single seat changed colour back to being available so she pounced. Dumb luck and perseverance, plus my willingness to pay an inflated price.

Because at the end seats drop in and out and there a “loads” of people chasing them, I think two buyers can click on the same seats and put them in their basket before the system realises and eventually says no to one buyer.

Mrs OnHoliday paid £370ish to see Taylor Swift at Anfield and about £140 to see Pink a couple of weeks after.

The lower priced face value tickets are more than comparable in pricing in that respect.........
I paid £350 for TS but that was in an executive lounge with 4 course meal and free bar with seats on halfway line. £350 for a spot on a field seems a bit toppy!

I didn't get a ticket but seen them a number of times in their prime so I don't mind if kids in their 20s get the chance to see them for the first time. Whats amazing to me are the people in their 40s and 50s who were indifferent to Oasis first time round who have been caught up in the frenzy of it all.

I truly believe the people of the UK have gone Mad, So many people are struggling just to get by
Foodbanks, Homeless, NHS on its arse, and then you have people Paying Crazy Money for Oasis tickets.
Look, please come back down to earth, it's a fucking concert by a band that is over the hill and it's not 1990s

Oasis Noel and Liam should be ashamed knowing where they have come from and should know better. They are selling out to the business and milking the public and their fans.

The true face of the UK shown its ugly head yesterday

They’d better not be over the hill, the better make these gigs really good ones.

And there’s no reason why they shouldn’t. I’ve seen older artists who are much older in recent years deliver fabulous performances (Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen).

I didn’t go to Liam’s recent gigs but he looked decent on the TV at Reading the other week and we saw him there a few years back when he was second on the bill and he was very good indeed; thought he’d given headliners Muse (who I’d seen once before) a real problem but to be fair, they came out honours pretty even, helped by bringing Brian Johnson out to sing an AC/DC song.

As for Oasis being ashamed, they aren’t doing this out of brotherly love, they are in the music business and will have been offered a lot of money to tour. “They’ve sold out man” is very 60’s!

Interesting people coming out saying don't blame the band it was ticketmaster and ticketmaster saying bands have option to deny surge pricing.

Neither want to take responsibility for being cunts to fans

Ticketmaster as taking the piss a bit because they offer the dynamic pricing service in the first place to their clients.

No idea though whether the band had anything to do with it or it was down to the promoters.

It is quite somethimg the SJM own gigs&tours yet no **** could access their site.

It is like Moran,wanted people to use ticketmaster and in turn end up with Dynamic Prices paid amd more in his coffers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.