Oasis reunion

If the brothers have been promised £50m each, why would they care about ticket pricing?

Surely they’ve just given the green light for Ticketmaster to maximise their profits through agreeing to dynamic pricing.

Maybe the difference between Sheeran’s approach and Oasis is that Sheeran wants to keep touring for years and Oasis kind of know this is the last hurrah?

If the brothers have been promised £50m each, why would they care about ticket pricing?

Surely they’ve just given the green light for Ticketmaster to maximise their profits through agreeing to dynamic pricing.

Maybe the difference between Sheeran’s approach and Oasis is that Sheeran wants to keep touring for years and Oasis kind of know this is the last hurrah?
Kinda my gut feeling and why I was always going to make the journey for any reunion.
I don’t believe the comeback will last much longer than however long a world tour takes.

I’m going to ignore all the outside noise until nearer the time and just go and have a belting couple of weeks.

Kinda my gut feeling and why I was always going to make the journey for any reunion.
I don’t believe the comeback will last much longer than however long a world tour takes.

I’m going to ignore all the outside noise until nearer the time and just go and have a belting couple of weeks.
As it should be for all fans really, but people hate the feeling of being ripped off.

This news will die down and the excitement will build for the actual concerts when the time comes.

They built their careers on not giving a fuck, so they probably don’t now either.

Have I got this right? The only people who got tickets at the 'standard' prices were people in the presale on Friday? Everyone else had to pay dynamic prices? Is my understanding correct or off?

From what I have heard, about 50% of people that bought them at general sale got them at the starting price, before it went up.

No because Ticketmaster don’t get the ticket money, either from the fixed price nor the dynamic pricing . They are just the middle men that sell the tickets and get paid from the booking fee.I don’t know that they were offered any fixed fee by anyone.

i could imagine Liam being p1ssed off about it but doubt Noel gives a t0ss. Just a very small vox pop on this mornings work call had someone saying they got Edinburgh tickets at face value with only an hours wait, looks like the Heaton Park tickets were the most "in demand" so local fans of the group have paid the highest price with this dynamic thievery.

I was on most of the day for Edinburgh with no joy

I think the way it works is the promoter (SJM) guarantees the artist a certain figure (rumoured to be £50m each).

I think it's standard for promoters to base this guaranteed figure on selling 80% of the tickets at the standard rate.

Then any sales above that are split between the promoter and the artist (I think the split percentages vary).

So it seems what's happened is, SJM have sold 80% of the tickets at the £150 rate to guarantee the advance to the band, and have then absolutely creamed the remaining 20%, maximising their own profits.

Maybe @Johnny Mars Bar could clarify, but broadly speaking, I'm pretty sure that's how the industry works.

Pretty sure the band and their management are complicit, but likely driven by SJM and facilitated by Ticketmaster.

One, or all of them should have been transparent about this strategy from the start, because millions wouldn't have wasted all day waiting in a queue had they known the prices had doubled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.