Oasis reunion

It was raised in Dáil Éireann( Irish Parliament) today. Questioning whether a company like Ticketmaster having a monopoly on an event should have the right to dynamically price.
It’s a fair point in my book.
Err it would be if they had a monopoly - there were other sites you could use.
Edit: I don't get why people are moaning on about dynamic pricing?? As a consumer you have a choice, you pay the asking price or you don't. I love the music, but there are plenty of other reasons I didn't want to pay 140 quid to go

Could be,probably right, to be honest I’ve never bought a ticket with dynamic pricing and don’t know anyone who has so wouldn’t know it the booking fee is fixed or goes up with the ticket price.

There was a whole segment on it on bbc, they had a guy from the industry explain it. It goes up with the price.

I have seen tickets go up in price before as they sell, but over days/weeks, rather than while in the queue. And you could see the price before queing up.

It was raised in Dáil Éireann( Irish Parliament) today. Questioning whether a company like Ticketmaster having a monopoly on an event should have the right to dynamically price.
It’s a fair point in my book.

I would go further. Why should flight/train/bus companies do it too? If 4 people order a burger, the 5th that orders one doesn't pay extra because there are now fewer left. No reason for things not to be the same price whether you are the first or last person to buy something.

Err it would be if they had a monopoly - there were other sites you could use.
Edit: I don't get why people are moaning on about dynamic pricing?? As a consumer you have a choice, you pay the asking price or you don't. I love the music, but there are plenty of other reasons I didn't want to pay 140 quid to go
But thousands of people thought they were paying the ticket price of £140, until they finally got through the queues and were then faced with paying double. It’s underhanded.

But thousands of people thought they were paying the ticket price of £140, until they finally got through the queues and were then faced with paying double. It’s underhanded.
Is it ethical - no it's not.
Is it lawful - yes it is.
I'm still on the side of the customer has a choice - had enough people chosen NOT to pay those prices they'd have had to be reduced.
It's the way things are these days - look at God's own Club and the state of ticketing :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.