Oasis reunion

Noel himself constantly goes on about “give him the money” Noel said…”he sees every fan as a five pound note
I’ve never heard Liam demand, give him the cash I don’t know either of them but heard their interviews

Thats the price Heaton Park jumped to when we got to the check out. 355 pound none of us got a ticket.
I’m happy the BBC said the government are looking into ticketmasters price hike completely out of order to double the price after advertising £135

I think the dynamic pricing does need looking at as it's preying on people's desperation and banking on the idea that people who've patiently waited in the queue for hours will panic and pay an amount they weren't expecting. Obvs nobody is forced to pay it but as a business practice it lacks transparency and is unethical.

It's as much on the management and the band as it is on ticketmaster though. They sign off on all of this in return for bigger advances and guarantees. I've worked for a similarly big band and they could stop it if they want to.

Even if dynamic pricing disappears they'll find other ways to rip people off. You have Live Nation shows in the US where tickets are advertised at face value but then you literally can't buy a ticket without buying a compulsory parking permit (even if you arent driving there). So long as bands turn a blind eye to it and people keep paying it, it won't stop.

No because Ticketmaster don’t get the ticket money, either from the fixed price nor the dynamic pricing . They are just the middle men that sell the tickets and get paid from the booking fee.I don’t know that they were offered any fixed fee by anyone.

The booking fee is a percentage though. 10% of £350 is more than 10% of £150, so they do get a higher fee.

Be interesting to see if Noel still stand with the normal fans in the away end after this shitshow, he didn’t at West Ham but he could get dogs abuse if he does.

The booking fee is a percentage though. 10% of £350 is more than 10% of £150, so they do get a higher fee.
Could be,probably right, to be honest I’ve never bought a ticket with dynamic pricing and don’t know anyone who has so wouldn’t know it the booking fee is fixed or goes up with the ticket price.

I think the dynamic pricing does need looking at as it's preying on people's desperation and banking on the idea that people who've patiently waited in the queue for hours will panic and pay an amount they weren't expecting. Obvs nobody is forced to pay it but as a business practice it lacks transparency and is unethical.

It's as much on the management and the band as it is on ticketmaster though. They sign off on all of this in return for bigger advances and guarantees. I've worked for a similarly big band and they could stop it if they want to.

Even if dynamic pricing disappears they'll find other ways to rip people off. You have Live Nation shows in the US where tickets are advertised at face value but then you literally can't buy a ticket without buying a compulsory parking permit (even if you arent driving there). So long as bands turn a blind eye to it and people keep paying it, it won't stop.
They should be made to display the current ticket prices in a box visible while you're in the queue so as soon as they raise the prices you have the option to log out and not bother. Wouldn't be hard for them to do and would be much more transparent.

I think the way it works is the promoter (SJM) guarantees the artist a certain figure (rumoured to be £50m each).

I think it's standard for promoters to base this guaranteed figure on selling 80% of the tickets at the standard rate.

Then any sales above that are split between the promoter and the artist (I think the split percentages vary).

So it seems what's happened is, SJM have sold 80% of the tickets at the £150 rate to guarantee the advance to the band, and have then absolutely creamed the remaining 20%, maximising their own profits.

Maybe @Johnny Mars Bar could clarify, but broadly speaking, I'm pretty sure that's how the industry works.

Pretty sure the band and their management are complicit, but likely driven by SJM and facilitated by Ticketmaster.

One, or all of them should have been transparent about this strategy from the start, because millions wouldn't have wasted all day waiting in a queue had they known the prices had doubled.

There’s various ways of doing deals but broadly:

- the promoter guarantees the artist £X. Means the band know exactly how much they’re going to make and the promoter then hopes they sell X tickets to break even with every extra sale on top of that being profit

- the promoter offers a split with the artist, 80/20 to the artist being standard, after promoter costs (production, security, PRS, etc)

- a combination of the two, so a lower guarantee fee plus a percentage on top after costs. This can be very lucrative for artists

Now we’re talking standard touring financial models here. With mega gigs like this, you can have some very wild deals. I know on good authority for example that Adele is paid over 100% of the ticket income. You might think this doesn’t add up - it does when you’re live nation and you also own the venues (and the bars) and take all the ticket booking fees as you also own Ticketmaster.

With Oasis I’ve no idea what the deal was but I can imagine the above isn’t too far off, where they’ll get all the face value ticket income and the promoter hoovers up millions from the ancillary revenue streams. At that scale it’s basically impossible not to make an absolute fortune.

Everyone involved here is laughing all the way to the bank.

And I’m fine with people like the Gallaghers and Moran being millionaires, good on them.

But I do wish more of the mega cash from these sorts of shows would trickle down to the grass roots.

Independent music venues and pubs are shutting left right and centre. Without these places there would be be an Oasis in the first place.

They should be made to display the current ticket prices in a box visible while you're in the queue so as soon as they raise the prices you have the option to log out and not bother. Wouldn't be hard for them to do and would be much more transparent.

Personally think they should just decide on a price and sell them at that price.

There's a superb Mancunian band featuring two brothers who never fall out and the band never split up, and tickets are always available at reasonable prices when they tour.
There is also no drop off in quality between their debut and recent albums.
Give The Slow Readers Club a go

Seen them several times, awesome awesome band!

Just a shame they’re rags but let’s not hold it against them.

then reduction of demand would bring the ticket price down. I think the whole idea of dynamic pricing for tickets should be outlawed.

then reduction of demand would bring the ticket price down. I think the whole idea of dynamic pricing for tickets should be outlawed.
It was raised in Dáil Éireann( Irish Parliament) today. Questioning whether a company like Ticketmaster having a monopoly on an event should have the right to dynamically price.
It’s a fair point in my book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.