Oasis reunion

Do we have any idea of what % of tickets were sold at the inflated prices ?

But thousands of people thought they were paying the ticket price of £140, until they finally got through the queues and were then faced with paying double. It’s underhanded.
That is the one that got me. They were quite coy about how much the tickets cost.
The surge pricing wasted a lot of time for a lot of people.
The artists use Ticketmwaster as cover for what they want to do anyway. I can see it from their point of view. Why sell the prices for say 150 when they are selling on stubhub etc for 300 to 400? That money should be going to the artists.

There havent released a record for years - so how could they isolate who their 'true' fans are?

But some of the customers didn't have a choice. They couldn't afford the inflated price so they couldn't buy one,they had no choice to go elsewhere and get one so all they could do is turn it down. Great if you've got money to burn, then you've got all the choice in the world.
Should going to a gig really be an auction, with the ones with the most money winning?
Possibly for a different thread - that's a capitalist society.
If we lived in a utopian world then we could all go to every event we wanted to - that's not where we are.
There are plenty out there who couldn't justify the 145 for standing in the pouring rain at Heaton Park, but there's no-one bleating about that is there??
For what it's worth I jacked in my season card as I felt it was too expensive for my liking

All Noel and Liam have to do is to release a statement.

Ticketmaster has said it does not set the prices, which are down to the "event organiser", who "has priced these tickets according to their market value".

Performers can opt in or out of the dynamic-pricing system but it is hard to know how much the Gallagher brothers themselves actually knew about the arrangement.

The "event organiser" ultimately means the promoters - SJM, Live Nation, which owns Ticketmaster, MCD and DF.

The tour deal would also have involved the band's booking agents and managers, who would have discussed it with the two reuniting bandmates.

And opting in to dynamic pricing would mean a bigger payday.

But were those choices offered to the Gallaghers themselves?

I think the dynamic pricing does need looking at as it's preying on people's desperation and banking on the idea that people who've patiently waited in the queue for hours will panic and pay an amount they weren't expecting. Obvs nobody is forced to pay it but as a business practice it lacks transparency and is unethical.

It's as much on the management and the band as it is on ticketmaster though. They sign off on all of this in return for bigger advances and guarantees. I've worked for a similarly big band and they could stop it if they want to.

Even if dynamic pricing disappears they'll find other ways to rip people off. You have Live Nation shows in the US where tickets are advertised at face value but then you literally can't buy a ticket without buying a compulsory parking permit (even if you arent driving there). So long as bands turn a blind eye to it and people keep paying it, it won't stop.
We wouldn’t pay it for ourselves we started at 89 thousand in the queue the ticket priced doubled at the checkout I said we’ll get one for our friend who was a huge Oasis fan from day one, the checkout cut us off.
Waste of a morning it’s a public park double the price to stand in the park, the band/TM are deceiving false advertising. We could probably stand outside the park and hear it for free I hope the government are serious in looking into it.

Might have breached consumer law.

Despite the backlash, comments by the chief executive of Live Nation Entertainment, which owns Ticketmaster, indicated that fans in the UK, Ireland and Europe can expect dynamic pricing to become much more common.

Speaking in February, as Live Nation unveiled a 36% increase in annual revenues to $22.7bn, its chief executive, Michael Rapino, said: “Outside of the US, we’re in the first inning … We’re just rolling this [dynamic pricing] out around the world. So that’s the great growth opportunity, obviously.

Despite the backlash, comments by the chief executive of Live Nation Entertainment, which owns Ticketmaster, indicated that fans in the UK, Ireland and Europe can expect dynamic pricing to become much more common.

Speaking in February, as Live Nation unveiled a 36% increase in annual revenues to $22.7bn, its chief executive, Michael Rapino, said: “Outside of the US, we’re in the first inning … We’re just rolling this [dynamic pricing] out around the world. So that’s the great growth opportunity, obviously.
Greedy cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.