Oasis reunion

This notion that Oasis have been a band that has always been against the corporate machine is laughable.

The majority of their songs are exactly what the corporate machine would want. Simple lyrics with zero meaning for the hords of numpties to be able to tap their toes and sing along with.

The energy and sound of their 1st two albums (particularly the 1st) evaporated rapidly and the brand Oasis took over.

Listened to a podcast yesterday saying they thought it wasn’t about money and more about been relevant, apparently Noel doesn’t need the cash and next year he can sell the back catalogue like Michael Jackson etc for around £250 million if he so wishes, Liam doesn’t have as much cash from the first two albums in fact Gary Glitter gets more royalties than him from them! Their stats on Spotify as individual artist is pretty low compared to oasis who are not as big as you might think.

Listened to a podcast yesterday saying they thought it wasn’t about money and more about been relevant, apparently Noel doesn’t need the cash and next year he can sell the back catalogue like Michael Jackson etc for around £250 million if he so wishes, Liam doesn’t have as much cash from the first two albums in fact Gary Glitter gets more royalties than him from them! Their stats on Spotify as individual artist is pretty low compared to oasis who are not as big as you might think.
Oasis are huge in pockets around the world, but they're not a worldwide phenomenon. They do okay in America, but I don't think they're massive over there. Not sure what their status in Asia is.

Oasis are huge in pockets around the world, but they're not a worldwide phenomenon. They do okay in America, but I don't think they're massive over there. Not sure what their status in Asia is.
Ye they aren’t as big as people over here think, the Killers for example get more streams than them. I’m over it now anyway if I get a ticket I do if not it’s not the end of the world.

Noel has always come across as money obsessed. He said a few times if they reformed it would purely be for money and if someone offered him stupid money he’d do it.

Liam although clearly nowhere near as rich as Noel must be doing alright. He’s been selling out huge venues on his own for years now. Spectacular own goal with the sheer greed on this one though. They were getting constant hype and praise for a week and now all anyone is talking about is the ticket pricing fiasco. Their silence speaks volumes. Very surprised Liam has not said a word about it.

Should imagine they have their own agents and team who do all the talks and negotiations when it comes to revenue from their music and gigs.
Their agents will do there best to make them maximum income. Similar to footballers.
I doubt they knew Ticketmaster would up the prices once fans got through to payment - they could have beforehand had they made the effort (like Sheeran) but I can’t picture the Gallaghers doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.