Oasis reunion

Should imagine they have their own agents and team who do all the talks and negotiations when it comes to revenue from their music and gigs.
Their agents will do there best to make them maximum income. Similar to footballers.
I doubt they knew Ticketmaster would up the prices once fans got through to payment - they could have beforehand had they made the effort (like Sheeran) but I can’t picture the Gallaghers doing that.
I agree with that Sparky but can't help feeling that the initial excitement has been replaced with the knowledge that a lot of people have had their pants pulled down by this.

Do I think that on Saturday afternoon/evening, Noel and Liam were aware that fans were queuing for hours on end only to get to the front of the queue and find that £200 had been added on? Absolutely not. They fucking do now though and the silence is deafening.

You know that I'm a big Oasis fan and I've been defending them on this thread for over a week. I haven't had any problems myself because my eldest lad got a pre-sale code, logged on on Friday and had four tickets at the quoted priced 25 minutes later. This though, is beyond me.

Looking back over the past 10 days, it's been a shit show. They both tweeted a date in the Oasis badge (a good start) and that's been it. We haven't heard a word from either, they've put a series of concerts on, the ones in their home city at a shit venue, the pre-sale worked so well and then chaos on Saturday morning.

People have sat for hours only for the site to crash, the site to accuse them of being a bot and throw them off, or to actually get through only to be charged £355 to stand in a field listening to a band that we're not sure who the members will be apart from the brothers.

If they have an ounce of decency now, they'll be figuring out a way to get the difference back to those who were ripped off and would be getting ready to announce further dates so that the people who got through but simply couldn't afford those prices have a second bite of the cherry.

In ten months time, I'll be less bothered by this because I'll be getting ready to attend with my two sons and younger sister but a lot of people who love Oasis will still be stinging unless they put it right. None of us should be holding our breaths though.

Anyone remember the free gift the generator failed and the band handed 3 million handed back to fans. A bit different now.

Except, that’s not quite what happened. Nothing like it in fact. A fraction of the people who claimed the refund, got it. And the refund was issued as a cheque paid by “Bank of Burnage” or something similar- designed completely to make the cheques collector items.

I hope the backlash is a slap in the face for Ticketmaster and any other Ticketing Corporation, that this kind of practice is unacceptable whether legal or not.

I can’t think of any band I’d pay that kind of money for, especially to stand in a field and depending on the Irish/British weather.

Pricing should be transparent to the customer, the fans. I was almost going to say to the consumer, but especially in the entertainment industry, taking the personal out of it is the wrong way to go for any band.

Queuing online instead of outside a record shop is progress but not having a fixed price while in the queue is bordering on legalising touting. Honestly what’s the difference to the fan. There’s a difference to the band alright, but it shows a disregard to their audience. Basically they couldn’t care who their audience is as long as they maximise their profit out of them.

I agree with that Sparky but can't help feeling that the initial excitement has been replaced with the knowledge that a lot of people have had their pants pulled down by this.

Do I think that on Saturday afternoon/evening, Noel and Liam were aware that fans were queuing for hours on end only to get to the front of the queue and find that £200 had been added on? Absolutely not. They fucking do now though and the silence is deafening.

You know that I'm a big Oasis fan and I've been defending them on this thread for over a week. I haven't had any problems myself because my eldest lad got a pre-sale code, logged on on Friday and had four tickets at the quoted priced 25 minutes later. This though, is beyond me.

Looking back over the past 10 days, it's been a shit show. They both tweeted a date in the Oasis badge (a good start) and that's been it. We haven't heard a word from either, they've put a series of concerts on, the ones in their home city at a shit venue, the pre-sale worked so well and then chaos on Saturday morning.

People have sat for hours only for the site to crash, the site to accuse them of being a bot and throw them off, or to actually get through only to be charged £355 to stand in a field listening to a band that we're not sure who the members will be apart from the brothers.

If they have an ounce of decency now, they'll be figuring out a way to get the difference back to those who were ripped off and would be getting ready to announce further dates so that the people who got through but simply couldn't afford those prices have a second bite of the cherry.

In ten months time, I'll be less bothered by this because I'll be getting ready to attend with my two sons and younger sister but a lot of people who love Oasis will still be stinging unless they put it right. None of us should be holding our breaths though.
If people have had their pants pulled down as you put it, I'm afraid that is down to inexperience.

Although I wasn't pressing the buttons, I willing bought a ticket at an inflated (dynamic price) and knew long before the point of purchase my only hope of a ticket would be to do so because of our where we were in the queue. I fully expected dynamic pricing to be used.

People who were caught out by this were mostly not paying attention are don't often (ever) buy from Ticketmaster.

Some people seem to have been hit mid purchase by the raising of prices, and if that happened, it's wrong and, presumably, a system issue.

People who queued for tickets for ages and found only the platinum tickets left were unfortunate in some ways but it's not much different from queuing for ages and then finding the gigs have sold out (in terms of inconvenience). Loads of people queued with little of no chance of getting tickets based on their position in the queue.

I am not in principle a fan of dynamic pricing but I wouldn't have got an Oasis ticket (or Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert tickets) without it so it would be hypocritical of me to disapprove of it too much.

If people have had their pants pulled down as you put it, I'm afraid that is down to inexperience.

Although I wasn't pressing the buttons, I willing bought a ticket at an inflated (dynamic price) and knew long before the point of purchase my only hope of a ticket would be to do so because of our where we were in the queue. I fully expected dynamic pricing to be used.

People who were caught out by this were mostly not paying attention are don't often (ever) buy from Ticketmaster.

Some people seem to have been hit mid purchase by the raising of prices, and if that happened, it's wrong and, presumably, a system issue.

People who queued for tickets for ages and found only the platinum tickets left were unfortunate in some ways but it's not much different from queuing for ages and then finding the gigs have sold out (in terms of inconvenience). Loads of people queued with little of no chance of getting tickets based on their position in the queue.

I am not in principle a fan of dynamic pricing but I wouldn't have got an Oasis ticket (or Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert tickets) without it so it would be hypocritical of me to disapprove of it too much.
I hear what you're saying mate - I honestly think that people were inexperienced. I've not been to a gig for a long time apart from TRNSMT earlier this summer and my lad got me those tickets, as he did for Oasis on Friday night. He goes to Leeds Fest every year and has been to see numerous gigs - the biggest probably being the Killers or Coldplay. As far as I know, he wasn't aware of dynamic pricing until Saturday. I think the band on sale on Saturday being Oasis brought out the masses and a lot of people were caught unaware. The line - due to high demand - sticks a bit because every man and his dog knew the demand would be huge for these concerts. The rights and wrongs of all this are debatable but what I don't think is debatable is that the feel good factor of last week has been replaced by a feeling of anger towards Oasis this week. I'm not going to traipse out the boring claim that I'm their biggest fan but I've always loved the band, been to see them 6 or 7 times and bought every album, single and DVD of theirs and have defended them for years. I can see this week though, why a lot of people feel pissed off and let down by the experience of Saturday.

I hear what you're saying mate - I honestly think that people were inexperienced. I've not been to a gig for a long time apart from TRNSMT earlier this summer and my lad got me those tickets, as he did for Oasis on Friday night. He goes to Leeds Fest every year and has been to see numerous gigs - the biggest probably being the Killers or Coldplay. As far as I know, he wasn't aware of dynamic pricing until Saturday. I think the band on sale on Saturday being Oasis brought out the masses and a lot of people were caught unaware. The line - due to high demand - sticks a bit because every man and his dog knew the demand would be huge for these concerts. The rights and wrongs of all this are debatable but what I don't think is debatable is that the feel good factor of last week has been replaced by a feeling of anger towards Oasis this week. I'm not going to traipse out the boring claim that I'm their biggest fan but I've always loved the band, been to see them 6 or 7 times and bought every album, single and DVD of theirs and have defended them for years. I can see this week though, why a lot of people feel pissed off and let down by the experience of Saturday.

I'm sure a lot of people were inexperienced and Ticketmaster should have known they would be and could have done more to warn people.

I think anger towards Oasis is misplaced. We don't even know if they were aware beforehand but didn't invent dynamic pricing. They are however in the music business.

I think even the regular priced tickets are on the steep side but millions were seemingly prepared to pay them and give the Gallagher boys a big payday.

OB1

People who were caught out by this were mostly not paying attention are don't often (ever) buy from Ticketmaster

—————————————————————————————————————
We applied for tickets from ticketmaster recently three times before DM tour, Squire & Liam. I assure you the price to stand in a public park was advertised £149,
Trying to get in the queue was difficult we went slowly down to the checkout then the price changed &355 pound to stand. We can’t afford that but decided to buy one between us for my SIL who is a mad Oasis fan then the site crashed.

Dynamic pricing is coming to football Valencia just tried it, the fans are up in arms, we have to support the victims of dynamic pricing we don’t want to be priced out of our seat by day trippers.
We are playing ROI Saturday and Finland Tuesday Foden Palmer and .Watkins not playing. I can see Wembley doing it first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.