Oasis reunion

Has anyone heard or read what percentage of tickets ended up going for the higher price?

Even at one third, that's making more than the previous two thirds. E.g
10x150=1500
5x350=1750

Small sample for ease of proportion, can't see them refunding 1k per every 5 tickets.

Forget Oasis.

Do you think it’s right people apply to purchase something at £150 then after a 4 hour wait you have minutes to purchase the same item for £350 ? Without any prior warning.

Would you want the possibility of this happening when you purchase an item everytime?
Yeah there's been plenty of times I've bought electrical stuff online and had to wait in a queue of 200 thousand desperate for a Morphy Richards kettle.
One time I ended up nearly buying it for 50 times it's original price but got outbid by some bloke in the midlands as he hadn't had one before :)

To be fair to Noel he’s said many times Oasis achieved everything and unlike the Stone Roses there would be no point them ever coming back unless it was just to make stupid money. He’s always come across as a greedy twat. He was a working class bloke but in times when so many are struggling he constantly boasts about money. Doubt he’ll give a shit about the fans and the pair of them being silent just underlines that.

Noel and Liam should know better than piss hard up fans off who made them what they are today, multi millionaires. I've lost a lot of respect for them(especially Noel) because them allowing extortionate ticket prices proves they are both avaricious hard faced arsholes who've forgotten their working class roots and where they came from.

Do fans blame the Manager and players when the ticket prices at football and especially cup finals are extortionate?
Your analogy doesn't work. In football, the players are employees of the club/CEO; they have no say in the matter. Oasis aren't employed by their management company; the management work for them. Noel is effectively the CEO. He could and should have put a stop to this, and just saying he wasn't aware of it isn't good enough. He should have been.

I read somewhere that Simple Minds (I think) got caught up in all this dynamic pricing bollocks with Ticketmaster. They held their hands up and said they weren't aware of it in advance, but should have been. They also insisted that all the additional "in-demand" charges were refunded. That wouldn't help people like me who got through on Saturday and opted not to pay £355, but it would be a start.

I was absolutely disgusted on Saturday with what happened with the tickets and said so
But I ain’t suddenly gonna stop liking oasis because of it and all the wankers who hate them anyway jumping in the bandwagon can fuck right off.
be interested to see what they say when they do speak out - I’m guessing they fee they have been stitched up by management and ticketmaster
I bet they knew a bit about pricing but not that a £150 ticket would be sold for £350

Your analogy doesn't work. In football, the players are employees of the club/CEO; they have no say in the matter. Oasis aren't employed by their management company; the management work for them. Noel is effectively the CEO. He could and should have put a stop to this, and just saying he wasn't aware of it isn't good enough. He should have been.

I read somewhere that Simple Minds (I think) got caught up in all this dynamic pricing bollocks with Ticketmaster. They held their hands up and said they weren't aware of it in advance, but should have been. They also insisted that all the additional "in-demand" charges were refunded. That wouldn't help people like me who got through on Saturday and opted not to pay £355, but it would be a start.
Refunding is a good idea. Even if not the full amount a good bit is fair.
The main problem for me now is that you have a situation where lots of ‘real fans’ turned down tickets as they were too expensive and lots of fair weather fans with more money just bought them
I know lots of real fans not going who would still love to go. The 2 extra Wembley shows where you register is a start, but I reckon you can add minimum another 2 heaton park, 2 croke park and 2 Cardiff shows as a minimum to let the fans have a chance

Still can't understand why the jump was so big so sudden. Why wasn't it incremental?
Greed
Explains why it took 6 hours to sell out what could have sold out in 20 mins
People would normally pick the tickets and pay when they get to that stage, but I like many others spent 20 mins trying to get the standard tickets and then fucked it off.
Absolute shambles

They all seem to be in an ego battle with each other
Childish and megalomaniacal I'd say
And mard arsed
Oh I simply must make £1m per show darling
Psychotic greed in the name of freedom

And don't forget they'll be making shitloads in merchandise

Spot on

This is going to be a cabaret act, Not a live 1990s Oasis gig, What you'll get is 10 to 15 songs polished with a sound engineer and video's on the big screens, The merchandise and prices will be off the scale.

Spot on

This is going to be a cabaret act, Not a live 1990s Oasis gig, What you'll get is 10 to 15 songs polished with a sound engineer and video's on the big screens, The merchandise and prices will be off the scale.
Merchandise prices scare the hell out of me!

Oasis in the 90s were sold out, prices were low considering the event (£25 for knebworth) and everyone had an oasis t shirt

It’s like England shirts
Sell em for £20 and every kids will buy one
Sad how we have ended up at this point in society really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.