Oasis...

Bigga said:
BillyShears said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

I'm sure there will be lots of snide things said over the coming days about Oasis...

I was there tonight. It is fucking devastating to see people you love, admire, and have looked up to, implode on this level. Oasis will always be the band who changed my life. They are the band of our generation. Inextricably linked with my teenage years, my twenties, and beyond. I was there at the Academy, Maine Road, and so many shows beyond that. Only a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking one of our first team to see Oasis and meet them for the first time. City was one of the few constants they had in their life...

Whatever happens, when everything will be said and done, Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory will live on in the same way the first Sex Pistols album, the way Sgt Pepper, Harvest, Nevermind, and plethora of other albums will live on.

"...you and I we're gonna live forever..."

What sentimental clap trap!! Imagine if I'd have written similar about Elano!! You'd be all over it like white on rice!!

So, let's equate it, shall we?

Oasis were good, not 'world class'. They could pull it out if they could be ars*d, but that was too far in between decent performances and they certainly whinged a lot to the press!! They've continued to live on past glories and it was time for them to move on!

See? Perfect!
talkingbollox.jpg

Immaculate Pasta said:
Bigga said:
Am I really??

I think you'll find every opinion subjective.

They were 'okay'.

... Ish.

Yeah you are Bigga.

I find The Carpenters immensely enjoyable to listen to... as well as The Osmonds. Now, what makes my view any less appealing as it's subjective to what I find delightful? As opposed to what I find ordinary... i.e., Oasis.

From Noels offical tour diary - written today

Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

Moston_blue said:
From Noels offical tour diary - written today

Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

LEGEND

OASIS WILL LIVE FOREVER.

Ny one think oasis will carry on without noel? Cant see noel coming back, never. But i bet liam wont want to quit music and i cant see him going solo, after all it was his band so why not?

Love oasis and wish noel would come back but i think liams pushed him too far now.
Live forever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.