odd games that made you feel good.

manc93 said:
When we beat wolves 2-0 at molineux in the 01/02 season, they were favourites for the title at the time and we outclassed them! shauny's vest said 'do the wright thing' or something!

So satisfying that one, I was 16 and listening it through the City website radio commentary, Wolves were so arrogant that season but we stuck it up them, convinced they would win the league yet they didn't even go up!

Burnley 1-6 Manchester City
Chelsea 2-4 Manchester City
Blackpool 2-3 Manchester City (all because Silva had proved all of his doubters wrong - like all of my friends at school who said he was shit and lightweight)
Manchester City 4-2 Arsenal
Ipswich 1-4 Manchester City.

And a strange one here:

Newcastle 1-0 Manchester City - in the FA Cup. We were in the Championship, and Newcastle were a mid-table Premier League side. We battered them for 90 minutes and still came out as the losing team. A certain Sylvain Distin was playing for Newcastle that night.

noodlebob said:
When we lost at home to Arsenal midweek in the Prem under Royle at Maine Road. We knew we were being outclassed but the humour it was taken with, the banter with Seaman, the funny chants made me realise how glad I was to be blue, despite the numerous downs I had seen in my City supporting life.
yeah i remember that one. i think it was nashes debut. he had conceded 4 goals in his first 20 minutes. totally outclassed but the whole game was a laugh. two streakers ran on aswell i recall. a man and a woman.

another game was that boro match at the end of the season when fowler missed the penalty. what an atmosphere! weaver made an appearance and it felt awesome to be part of it. the villa win the week before was brilliant aswell.

davymcfc said:
noodlebob said:
When we lost at home to Arsenal midweek in the Prem under Royle at Maine Road. We knew we were being outclassed but the humour it was taken with, the banter with Seaman, the funny chants made me realise how glad I was to be blue, despite the numerous downs I had seen in my City supporting life.
yeah i remember that one. i think it was nashes debut. he had conceded 4 goals in his first 20 minutes. totally outclassed but the whole game was a laugh. two streakers ran on aswell i recall. a man and a woman.

another game was that boro match at the end of the season when fowler missed the penalty. what an atmosphere! weaver made an appearance and it felt awesome to be part of it. the villa win the week before was brilliant aswell.
Yep the girl was a bit of a stunner if i remember right, off to game now via pub of course maybe she have another go today brighten things up a bit.

The Burnley away match was one of those games where I felt ultra-confident that we could score with every attack.I swear if it wasn't for the rain,we'd have hit double figures.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
The Burnley away match was one of those games where I felt ultra-confident that we could score with every attack.I swear if it wasn't for the rain,we'd have hit double figures.

i'm with you, it was a TOP day out, i remember us all panicking at half time that it might have been abandoned, a great day out, albeit very, very wet.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:09 pm --<br /><br />
anymore than 2sheiks said:

i'm with you, it was a TOP day out, i remember us all panicking at half time that it might have been abandoned, a great day out, albeit very, very wet.

lancs blue said:
A few random ones from the memory bank:

Academica Coimbra, ECWC QF 2nd leg 69/70 - Tony Towers late late winner in extra time to take us into the Semis
Wolves League Cup 71/72, 3-1 down with about 12 mins left, won 4-3.
Bradford away, 87/88, a 4-2 win ending our longest run without an away league win (34 games I think)
Newcastle away, League Cup replay 94/95, we were totally unfancied for this one but nicked a 2-0 win thanks to goals from Uwe and Walsh.

Was just going to post Bradford away in 88.
2-0 down and won 4-2, fantastic goal from Paul Stewart, ran the length of their half and slotted it past the keeper in front of that tiny, packed away end

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Christmas early 60s - Scunny and Rotherham fixtures - twenty goals in the three consecutive games.

Gary James, have we ever don better than score 20 goals in three consecutive league games.

Presumably you're talking of the 1963-64 season when City scored 18 in 3 consecutive games - 6-1 (Rotherham), 8-1 (Scunthorpe) & 4-2 (Scunthorpe).

City scored 2 in the previous game (2-2 V Portsmouth) so it was 20 in 4.

In 1987 City scored 16 in 2 consecutive games (10-1 V Hudders & 6-2 V Plymouth).

In 1902-03 City did score 20 in 3 - 7-1 V B.PortVale, 4-0 V Small Heath & 9-0 V Gainsborough. Actually they scored 6 V Burnley in the previous League game and 5 V Burton in the following game.

Gary James said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Christmas early 60s - Scunny and Rotherham fixtures - twenty goals in the three consecutive games.

Gary James, have we ever don better than score 20 goals in three consecutive league games.

Presumably you're talking of the 1963-64 season when City scored 18 in 3 consecutive games - 6-1 (Rotherham), 8-1 (Scunthorpe) & 4-2 (Scunthorpe).

City scored 2 in the previous game (2-2 V Portsmouth) so it was 20 in 4.

In 1987 City scored 16 in 2 consecutive games (10-1 V Hudders & 6-2 V Plymouth).

In 1902-03 City did score 20 in 3 - 7-1 V B.PortVale, 4-0 V Small Heath & 9-0 V Gainsborough. Actually they scored 6 V Burnley in the previous League game and 5 V Burton in the following game.
I remember the Plymouth game. I was only 7 or 8 at the time. Can anyone remember the scorers? I recall Tony Adcock getting another (might have been our first).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.