Offer Elano a new contract? Yes or no?

Re: OFFER ELANO A NEW CONTRCT YES OR NO

No. His performances have not earned it, not yet anyway.

moomba said:
I'd be starting talks.

If you let someone go into the last year of the contract it's a sure sign you don't value them too much.

Eh? He's got two years left on his contract...

Anyway, my answer would be no. He's not of the quality we require in the upcoming seasons. A decent squad player if he didn't have quite such an overinflated sense of his own abilities...the cons, fair outweigh the pros...

I am in two minds, I want to keep good players at the club so the answer would be yes but I also feel that I wouldn't be at all bothered if he went so I just do not know. He played really well for Brazil last night and his class is there for all to see, does he suit the pace of the Premiership? that is the big question for me.

His contract doesn't expire until June 2011 so I don't think there is that much of a rush.

It should be on the radar though, along with Neds whose is also up in 2011. I'd imagine if we wanted to keep Elano, talks would begin at some point during the season.

I'd be more inclined to say that you have until Xmas to show that you deserve one.

At times he's awesome, but its a no for me. He should be looking to battle to get into the first team on a permanent, not shooting his mouth off from South America.

kiam06 said:
I am in two minds, I want to keep good players at the club so the answer would be yes but I also feel that I wouldn't be at all bothered if he went so I just do not know. He played really well for Brazil last night and his class is there for all to see, does he suit the pace of the Premiership? that is the big question for me.

i think he will be class in the premier league just needs more protection in midfield like carrick for ronaldo, alonso for gerrard all the quality creative players need a decent grafter, also dnt forget his first season at city he was imence

If you'd been working for your current employers for 2 years, but had only really done your job well for half of that time (the first 6 months and the last 6 months), and spent the rest of the time being anonymous whilst complaining about not being valued, would you expect a pay rise and a contract extension, whilst you still have two years left on an already lucrative deal?

And if you did, what would your employer say?

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
I'd be starting talks.

If you let someone go into the last year of the contract it's a sure sign you don't value them too much.

Eh? He's got two years left on his contract...

Yes, and if we don't offer him a contract this season he will be in the last year of his contract. Not that complicated really.

No if the ultimatum was true because it just shows that we're weak.

Otherwise, yes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.