Offer Elano a new contract? Yes or no?

He might be an arrogant lazy tosser but he's still better than 70% of our current players, all depends who we sign this transfer window if we are only going to get a centre back and a couple of strikers then we need to keep him so we have some options in midfield.

He's class on his day and Id be sad to see him go but at the same time I think Les needs to stamp his authority and show he wont put up with this kind of shit from a player who only bothers playing 50% of the time he's on the pitch. Nothing wrong with being passionate and wanting to know if your a valued player, but if he'd put 100% effort in every game then his importance would never have been in question at the end of the day.

Re: OFFER ELANO A NEW CONTRCT YES OR NO

moomba said:
So when he does leave, I only hope that we get a replacement capable of doing the things that Elano (at his best) can do. Another defensive midfielder that works hard and sucks Hughes dick at training might please the masses but we'll be the poorer for it.

Firstly, Elano "at his best" we've probably seen in a 15 or so games over two seasons. Reason enough to fuck him off for being inconsistent.

The bit in bold. A bit sad really Moomba. Running low on blood sugar, or arguments this afternoon?

BillyShears said:
Firstly, Elano "at his best" we've probably seen in a 15 or so games over two seasons. Reason enough to fuck him off for being inconsistent.

Theres not too many in our squad that have performed consistently well over the past few years. People seem to focus on some more than others though. I will say that it's very hard to perform consistently well when you're not given a consistent run in the side. Elano got that late in the season, it coincided with our best results of the season and he was our player of the month just a few weeks ago.

The bit in bold. A bit sad really Moomba. Running low on blood sugar, or arguments this afternoon?

Take it as you like, it's a concern that I have about Hughes transfer policy that he'd rather "good solid citizens" than exceptional talents. AS much as I like having De Jong, Kompany, and Barry in the squad I think we can't afford not to have those players that offer something different, but that don't fall in Hughes comfort zone.

As for wanting to start arguments, pmsl for the second time in a few minutes. Time for you to stalk the ITK's again maybe.

I think we need to wake up to the fact that he will be playing for someone else next season. He wont command a regular spot in the 11, and he wont be happy with that.

So no to the new contract, I wish him well wherever he ends up.

moomba said:
Theres not too many in our squad that have performed consistently well over the past few years. People seem to focus on some more than others though. I will say that it's very hard to perform consistently well when you're not given a consistent run in the side. Elano got that late in the season, it coincided with our best results of the season and he was our player of the month just a few weeks ago.

Ah, but Stevie Ireland did. He was our player of the season, and he was the one keeping Elano on the bench. After all, he was the one playing in Elano's favoured position...

Take it as you like, it's a concern that I have about Hughes transfer policy that he'd rather "good solid citizens" than exceptional talents. AS much as I like having De Jong, Kompany, and Barry in the squad I think we can't afford not to have those players that offer something different, but that don't fall in Hughes comfort zone.

Why don't we wait until the end of this transfer window, and then discuss whether we have enough "flair" players in the team.

As for wanting to start arguments, pmsl for the second time in a few minutes. Time for you to stalk the ITK's again maybe.

It does make me warm and fuzzy inside to know that I have made you laugh twice today. I wish I could say the same for your posts, but alas, no. They are as dull, dry, and myopic as ever...but please carry on.

For me it is 100% yes. Even with guys like Robinho and Ireland in the side, we are so much better when Elano is happy and on form. He is by far our best passer and most creative player, everything we do going forward runs through him, or starts with him. He is our best at set-pieces. For me when he is on his day he is our most influential player. He cannot be consistent when he is in and out of the side. It's all very well slagging players off for voicing their disappointment at not playing, but in Elano's defence, Hughes has given absolutely no credit to him at any stage this season, given no apparent appraisal of his worth to the squad, so no wonder the two clash! I'd say it's more likely that Elano will be sold, but IMO that would be a big mistake. People on here saying he is at best, a decent squad player and is not good enough for where we want to go, I would question their knowledge of what consitutes a top quality footballer.

Get him tied down on a longer term contract if that makes him happy, then spell out what is expected from him during that time. How hard can that be?

absolutely yes to offering him a new contract.......

we are trying to build a quality squad....he is a quality player......if we progress as hoped this year, the following season will see us playing a lot of games (europa league and prem fixtures plus cup fixtures)........we need players of elano's calibre so we can at times give players like ireland, swp a rest.....even ireland had the odd bad game this season so to be able to put a player of elano's quality into his place when he needs a rest/isnt performing etc etc is a must.........

it was said in mid season (by MH himself) that after the origional outburst by elano at the start of the season that they had come to an understanding and that elano realised that it was now a squad game and not just a starting 11.

These most recent comments by elano are completely undestandable....he states that he is more than happy to stay but he wants the club to demonstrate that he is still part of their plans......to me there is absolutely nothign wrong with this.

(we also have to take these commetns with a huge pinch of salt....mis translations/mis qoutes etc etc by the media are particularly common and it wouldnt be a suprise now that if the media were putting a slight twist on his comments again to casue problems)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.