Offer Elano a new contract? Yes or no?

Re: OFFER ELANO A NEW CONTRCT YES OR NO

gazting said:
kiam06 said:
I am in two minds, I want to keep good players at the club so the answer would be yes but I also feel that I wouldn't be at all bothered if he went so I just do not know. He played really well for Brazil last night and his class is there for all to see, does he suit the pace of the Premiership? that is the big question for me.

i think he will be class in the premier league just needs more protection in midfield like carrick for ronaldo, alonso for gerrard all the quality creative players need a decent grafter, also dnt forget his first season at city he was imence

First couple of months,sound as. Which is more frustrating as we know what he can do,bad attitude i rek.

At the moment NO he has to show he wants it. He has ended the season well but he has to be more consistant next season. 2 years left on contract too I cant see the club offering him a new deal just yet.

Elano is such a temperamental player that you can understand City not wanting to talk themselves into giving him another (long) contract just yet ..... why is he even asking when he has two years left on his current one?

He's a bit like Anelka , always talking to outside parties and hoping he's heard , and his mate Robinhos the same ...... Elano was in and out of the side last season for a reason ....... as much as he put in some sterling late performances , he also put in a few totally insignificant ones which , early on , forced Hughes to question his committment and attitude to life here ...... he also didn't do that well during the latter half of Svens reign either .

And let's not forget that he hardly set the world alight during his first season at Shaktar too , until he finally found some form in his second season.

Elano needs to stay and put in a full seasons shift littered with consistent performances before he starts the demands , or contract talks ...... but i doubt whther we , or he , will get that far!l

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:
I'd be starting talks.

If you let someone go into the last year of the contract it's a sure sign you don't value them too much.

Eh? He's got two years left on his contract...

Yes, and if we don't offer him a contract this season he will be in the last year of his contract. Not that complicated really.

Technically, the new season doesn't start until August...so technically, and in reality, he still has two full seasons to run on his contract.

But this is all moot. He's an average player who's probably surplus to requirements at City and will move in the coming months...

Definite no - "give me a new contract or i will leave," who does he think he is - what a tosser

BillyShears said:
Technically, the new season doesn't start until August...so technically, and in reality, he still has two full seasons to run on his contract.

Contracts don't tend to run from the start of season to start of season, he would be in the second last season now. And while we continue to take the "he's not a priority" approach, he will go into the last season of his contract. So I would start talks now, that would buy us some time to see how he starts next season for us.

But this is all moot. He's an average player who's probably surplus to requirements at City and will move in the coming months...

It is all moot, it's fairly obvious that Hughes doesn't want him at the club, and in my opinion made his mind up about Elano before last season started. So I don't expect he will get offered a new contract, don't think Hughes will even go to the effort of starting talks.

So when he does leave, I only hope that we get a replacement capable of doing the things that Elano (at his best) can do. Another defensive midfielder that works hard and sucks Hughes dick at training might please the masses but we'll be the poorer for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.