Offical Election thread

Clevers said:
I accept Labour have messed things up when in power however I must have missed the Tories putting it right.

Well compare what the last Tory government left us with economy wise in 1997 and the last labour government in 1979, case closed

Skashion said:
PJMCC1UK said:
~You could call it fair everyone pays the same. That is fair treatment really.

Such a policy would not survive the veil of ignorance. I'd love for some people here to consider wearing it.

Was only a comment. are you saying I need to look at it through anothers eyes?

rich person buys something more expensive so monetary speaking spends alot more on VAT.
Less rich person buys something cheaper and pays less VAT.
Both are treated fairly and no one is targeted because they have a better paying job. So really fair.
Again I was only making a point not sure how you took it.

Ducado said:
Clevers said:
I accept Labour have messed things up when in power however I must have missed the Tories putting it right.

Well compare what the last Tory government left us with economy wise in 1997 and the last labour government in 1979, case closed

Indeed not....... the Tories had cock ups of their own in the 70s and 90s.

Also the seeds of the banking crisis had been sown by 1997,

Also I believe the Tories from 1979 - 1997 created a climate where the worth of a person was judged by their wealth and high earners were encouraged to flaunt it.

I wish I knew what the answer is but the vast majority of people in this country get "shafted" by both the parties who have shared power in recent history. If the Tories had been in power since 1997 they would have ended up in the same situation with the banks.

To me the defining factor of this election was that no party told the truth about what needs to happen to reduce the deficit.

My favourite election story of the day. Bugger me, we're archaic.

1954: If you think David Cameron is frustrated at finding himself without a majority, spare a thought for poor Great Yarmouth council candidate Bob Peck. Tied on 1,034 votes with Labour opponent Charlie Marsden, he was offered a pack of cards by the returning officer and told the candidate who drew the highest number would win. Mr Peck picked a three while his rival drew a lucky seven to claim the seat. Barmy? Maybe, but it's all within the rules.

Why should everyone pay the same tax? That is anything but fair.
Take for example, someone who is the son of a very wealthy millionaire and as a result can live a luxurious lifestyle without ever having to work hard.
Then picture someone who wakes up at 4am every morning and works long hours for very little pay. Why should they pay the same tax?

Tax rich people more heavily. Tax poor people less.

Sadly true Clevers

Politics has become more about personalities and charisma nowadays

I actually agree with voting reform, but not PR, as it gives far too much power to minor parties

Clevers said:
Ducado said:

Indeed not....... the Tories had cock ups of their own in the 70s and 90s.

Also the seeds of the banking crisis had been sown by 1997,

Also I believe the Tories from 1979 - 1997 created a climate where the worth of a person was judged by their wealth and high earners were encouraged to flaunt it.

I wish I knew what the answer is but the vast majority of people in this country get "shafted" by both the parties who have shared power in recent history. If the Tories had been in power since 1997 they would have ended up in the same situation with the banks.

To me the defining factor of this election was that no party told the truth about what needs to happen to reduce the deficit.

Good post.
Daviesmcfc said:
Why should everyone pay the same tax? That is anything but fair.
Take for example, someone who is the son of a very wealthy millionaire and as a result can live a luxurious lifestyle without ever having to work hard.
Then picture someone who wakes up at 4am every morning and works long hours for very little pay. Why should they pay the same tax?

Tax rich people more heavily. Tax poor people less.

Bad post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.