Offical Election thread

ManCityTom said:
BingoBango said:
My favourite election story of the day. Bugger me, we're archaic.

Yh i seen that strange rule but never mind they should of had a fight to the death instead.

Pistols at dawn, let's see how much they really want to represent their ward!

Brown and Cameron should just have a few hands of rummy to see who gets to line up with the Lib Dems.

The limitations of taxation, just like taxing tobacco, the more they tax it the more contraband floods the country. It's so endemic now that nobody knows how many smokers there are any more, because so much has never reached the official supply system (that's why I always doubt the numbers of people giving up)

It's the normal PAYE tax payer that ends up with the biggest tax burden

Daviesmcfc said:
Cheesy said:
Genuine question... how old are you? I ask as you sound extremely idealistic & very naive.
I'll say I'm below 18. But I do politics at school and have a big interest in it.

In fact, I go to a Jewish school as I'm Jewish and I was one of the only people who actively spoke out against Israel's actions in Gaza. I'm not afraid to voice my opinions. I know they seem idealistic but after what Tories did to my parents and grandparents, especially Thatcher I don't want them in power.

In that case I think it's highly disingenuous of you to call every one who has voted Conservative (or any other way ) an idiot when frankly you've experienced nothing of life. All you've heard is what's passed down from your parents (brainwashed by the sounds of things). See if you feel any different when you have to work your bollox off for years struggling to provide for yourself & your family, then you see the Government take money off you & give it to people who contribute nothing to society.

Cheesy said:
Daviesmcfc said:
I'll say I'm below 18. But I do politics at school and have a big interest in it.

In fact, I go to a Jewish school as I'm Jewish and I was one of the only people who actively spoke out against Israel's actions in Gaza. I'm not afraid to voice my opinions. I know they seem idealistic but after what Tories did to my parents and grandparents, especially Thatcher I don't want them in power.

In that case I think it's highly disingenuous of you to call every one who has voted Conservative (or any other way ) an idiot when frankly you've experienced nothing of life. All you've heard is what's passed down from your parents (brainwashed by the sounds of things). See if you feel any different when you have to work your bollox off for years struggling to provide for yourself & your family, then you see the Government take money off you & give it to people who contribute nothing to society.
Ok I don't think anyone will disagree that their are people getting money who shouldn't. But at the same time you can't exactly have children on the streets begging. Whereas the Tories would.

Daviesmcfc said:
Cheesy said:
Genuine question... how old are you? I ask as you sound extremely idealistic & very naive.

My late grandmother was never a rich woman (from a very poor Jewish family) was one of Mrs Thatchers greatest admirers.

As with every community there are polarising opinions.

It's a fact of life that one tends to lose ones left-wing opinions the older you get

Cheesy said:
Daviesmcfc said:

Cheesy, why are you arguing with a schoolkid about politics?

Re: Official Election thread

de niro said:
Daviesmcfc said:
No, tax the rich heavily.
Give the money to the single mothers raising families who need it.
lol,yeah lets encourage single pregnancies.

yeah, you know, why don't they just be responsible and not have unprotected sex till they're married?

what's so difficult about a condom and a pill? Shouldn't be given preferential treatment because of their stupid lifestyle choices.

Many people today seem to think that the the government has a big pot of money from which it can pay for the things they want (eg. more hospitals, childcare, drugs, benefits etc.). with appearing to make the connection that taxes pay for it.

Governments have fallen into a taxing everything without being prepared to tailor what they provide to what people can reasonably be asked to bear in taxation.

terryphelan said:
Cheesy said:

Cheesy, why are you arguing with a schoolkid about politics?
Stop being so f*cking patronising.

Its good people my age take an interest. I'm just under 18 hardly a school kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.