Official "Changes To Seasoncards" Thread

Shaelumstash said:
Congratulations for thinking there is some kind of Corporate bohemouth conspiracy to screw you over and eat your children, Michael Moore will be delighted
I don't think there is some sort of conspiracy.

Facts are that this scheme is NOT aimed at younger, louder, hungrier, more loyal fans, its about getting in bigger revenue, now and in the future, whether platinum, or superbia.

Despite the many platitudes that come out of the club about our supporters, it doesn't really matter to them how many Spurs away tickets they sell, because all the revenue goes to Spurs, clearly they do want some of us to go to support the club, and these will be those who opt into the Superbia option, and then it will be based (as it is now), on popularity/affordability/loyalty in that order, so opt into Platinum if you like.

Dress it up however you want, its a loyalty points for cash scheme, simple as that, and more importantly, if as City would like, we all opt in for our £50, then the younger, louder, hungrier, more loyal supporter will be exactly where they started.

Shaelumstash said:
If you don't think the club are trying to reward the active fans who are going to away games now, and give them the opportunity to catch up the people who have lost interest over the last few years, then you are being naiive.

Of course the club are charging more to people who want to go to away games, I'm not disputing that. But I don't see what is wrong with that? Like I said in an earlier post, Platinum tickets of for people who want to go to away games. Gold are for people who aren't bothered. Platinum is a more desirable product, so it's more expensive, I really don't see the problem with that.

I am not naiive, the way I see it is the standard ticket price has been increased (Platinum replaces Seasoncard) and they have introduced a lower value ticket (Gold). I think it is a good scheme as it gives fans the choice to buy the card that suits them
But it begs the question: Why should someone who could stump up £50 more for their season ticket get double the points for the same fixture another person does? Sure, offer more points for upfront purchase of the seasoncard. But when you're buying tickets during the season there should be parity no matter what membership you're on.

Fantastic 45 pages on something that is pure speculation. Why don't we wait and see how many of us who get tickets now are prevented from getting them in the future. I just dont believe that there will be so many fans who will want to hand over £2.5k to have access to every game. All a storm in a tea cup

They can't offer more than 1800 of these superbia or whichever club has the lowest away allocation, anyway.
Those who are whining about the points, just pay the extra £50 and get all the points. I imagine the vast majority will do, therefor those that don't will never get to a big game again. All those that do will basically be in the same situation they are in now. It's no different.<br /><br />-- Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 pm --<br /><br />
Halfpenny said:
Shaelumstash said:
If you don't think the club are trying to reward the active fans who are going to away games now, and give them the opportunity to catch up the people who have lost interest over the last few years, then you are being naiive.

Of course the club are charging more to people who want to go to away games, I'm not disputing that. But I don't see what is wrong with that? Like I said in an earlier post, Platinum tickets of for people who want to go to away games. Gold are for people who aren't bothered. Platinum is a more desirable product, so it's more expensive, I really don't see the problem with that.

I am not naiive, the way I see it is the standard ticket price has been increased (Platinum replaces Seasoncard) and they have introduced a lower value ticket (Gold). I think it is a good scheme as it gives fans the choice to buy the card that suits them
But it begs the question: Why should someone who could stump up £50 more for their season ticket get double the points for the same fixture another person does? Sure, offer more points for upfront purchase of the seasoncard. But when you're buying tickets during the season there should be parity no matter what membership you're on.

Because they've stumped up £50 more

how many have the Superbia letter saying we are the cream,the most loyal fans who have been home and away? I guess this letter has gone to loads as I have 6300 pts,the highest is 8000 odd.Think the club have sent it out to miles more fans than we think knowing not many in the 7-8000 bracket will take up the offer.
Another thing-what happens if we lose in the earlier rounds of the LC and FA Cup,play a few Champs League games and get knocked out.We will have paid £2500 for 38 league games,maybe 4 domestic cup games and maybe 6 Champs League games.48 games for £2500? over £75 a game and thats if you went to every game!? Do you get a refund if you have paid more than what it would have cost on a match by match basis? Oh forgot,you get the Manc magazine every month! Are we getting more like the bitters across in Trafford?<br /><br />-- Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 pm --<br /><br />
SWSB said:
how many have the Superbia letter saying we are the cream,the most loyal fans who have been home and away? I guess this letter has gone to loads as I have 6300 pts,the highest is 8000 odd.Think the club have sent it out to miles more fans than we think knowing not many in the 7-8000 bracket will take up the offer.
Another thing-what happens if we lose in the earlier rounds of the LC and FA Cup,play a few Champs League games and get knocked out.We will have paid £2500 for 38 league games,maybe 4 domestic cup games and maybe 6 Champs League games.48 games for £2500? over £50 a game and thats if you went to every game!? Do you get a refund if you have paid more than what it would have cost on a match by match basis? Oh forgot,you get the Manc magazine every month! Are we getting more like the bitters across in Trafford?

SWSB said:
Another thing-what happens if we lose in the earlier rounds of the LC and FA Cup,play a few Champs League games and get knocked out.We will have paid £2500 for 38 league games,maybe 4 domestic cup games and maybe 6 Champs League games.48 games for £2500? over £75 a game and thats if you went to every game!? Do you get a refund if you have paid more than what it would have cost on a match by match basis? Oh forgot,you get the Manc magazine every month! Are we getting more like the bitters across in Trafford?

-- Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 pm --

SWSB said:
Another thing-what happens if we lose in the earlier rounds of the LC and FA Cup,play a few Champs League games and get knocked out.We will have paid £2500 for 38 league games,maybe 4 domestic cup games and maybe 6 Champs League games.48 games for £2500? over £50 a game and thats if you went to every game!? Do you get a refund if you have paid more than what it would have cost on a match by match basis? Oh forgot,you get the Manc magazine every month! Are we getting more like the bitters across in Trafford?

How can they offer a ticket to thousands if the away allocation isn't that? I know Everton was 1800, so they can't be more than that. Simple. There will be a few hundred.

gmrpinfold said:
Those who are whining about the points, just pay the extra £50 and get all the points. I imagine the vast majority will do, therefor those that don't will never get to a big game again. All those that do will basically be in the same situation they are in now. It's no different.

I wont be. I'll be getting the value ticket and signing up for the cup schemes. I'll still be on just over 6k points after this. Cant see me not getting a ticket for any match I want to get to away from home.

gmrpinfold said:
SWSB said:
Another thing-what happens if we lose in the earlier rounds of the LC and FA Cup,play a few Champs League games and get knocked out.We will have paid £2500 for 38 league games,maybe 4 domestic cup games and maybe 6 Champs League games.48 games for £2500? over £75 a game and thats if you went to every game!? Do you get a refund if you have paid more than what it would have cost on a match by match basis? Oh forgot,you get the Manc magazine every month! Are we getting more like the bitters across in Trafford?

-- Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 pm --

SWSB said:

How can they offer a ticket to thousands if the away allocation isn't that? I know Everton was 1800, so they can't be more than that. Simple. There will be a few hundred.

I reckon its gone to about 3,000 knowing a couple ofhunf=dred if that will take up the offer.Far too many games to commit yourself to and not enough holidays to go to every game.

sixlashes said:
fathellensbellend said:
Shaelumstash said:
You are being paranoid and emotional about the Superbia card. There are only a few hundred who will even qualify, probably those with over 8000 points. Out of those few hundred, only a small percentage will chose to buy, I'd say less than 200. So before you get your envelope out, have think about it. If you've got over 8000 points, you will still qualify for tickets for every game for probably the next 5 years! There might be a couple of hundred who are on around the same points as you now who will have more than you next season, but calm down, you'll still get tickets for every single game!

Totally calm, again you are showing how naive you are, city will push to sell a certain amount, if it is 700, then they will go as far down the food chain as they can to get their money, nothing to do with loyalty, just money, surely you can see that.
football is a business and that means making money everything has gone up stadium cost,, garbage removal, wages,and the club are building all sorts around the stadium,even charity shops charge nothing comes free, put a £1 a week away,if you cant afford that, you need to stop going.....imo of course

Not to me !

dukyblue said:
gmrpinfold said:
Those who are whining about the points, just pay the extra £50 and get all the points. I imagine the vast majority will do, therefor those that don't will never get to a big game again. All those that do will basically be in the same situation they are in now. It's no different.

I wont be. I'll be getting the value ticket and signing up for the cup schemes. I'll still be on just over 6k points after this. Cant see me not getting a ticket for any match I want to get to away from home.

Maybe not next season, but you will be caught up pretty quickly. And who's to say the tickets won't become available by loyalty point and class system?
Platinum and 6000pts
Platinum and 5000pts
Gold and 6000pts
And so on....

Also by signing up to the Platinum I will also be on just over 6K, how many others like me will there be? You're taking a risk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.